Monday, October 20, 2008

excited about fall


I always tell Kurt that wherever we end up living I want it to be somewhere that has all four seasons. I don't know why this is so important to me but it is! I grew up in Utah with freezing winters, scorching summers, crisp autumns, and gorgeous springtimes. I loved it! I think I would get so depressed if I lived somewhere where it was hot all the time or cold all the time. For example, I cannot imagine Christmas without the cold or the 4th of July without the blazing heat. It just wouldn't be the same. Oh and good luck trying to get me to tell you my favorite season. At the beginning of each season, that one is my favorite. At the end of each season, I'm always ready for the next one to start. Soooo...having said that, FALL is my absolute favorite right now! Luckily, Ohio is quite similar to Utah as far as weather goes - well, besides the humidity. It's getting colder, crisper, and much more colorful outside. Some of my favorite things about Fall are:

the relief of cooler temperatures after a hot summer
the way the air smells and just the crispness of everything...(is crispness a word?..)
scarfs, jackets, boots....I LOVE fall fashion so much!
all the decorations, especially pumpkins
lighing my apple cinnamon scented candle
hot soup
halloween costumes
the anticipation of the holidays right around the corner

I also want to say that this time of year always makes me so grateful that I have a warm place to live in. I am so thankful we can stay toasty inside as the temperatures begin to drop outside. It makes me sick to think about people who are cold. I hope we are all enjoying the season but I also hope we can all remember to be thankful for what we have. Happy October!

3 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I'm getting ready to do a post on Autumn too!! I feel the same way only the older I get, the less of the cold I like!!! I never thought I would say that...

Jane Anne said...

I also love your comments about being grateful...you are a wise woman. You must have a great mother who taught you well!!! jk! ha ha

Unknown said...

beautiful post! I really like the pics. And your favorite things. I must say, I rather like the cold right now. I'd keep the windows open all day and all night if I thought Eric wouldn't freeze to death!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...