Thursday, April 28, 2016

moments from today

So here's the thing.

When your kindergartner is ready for school a few minutes early and he asks, "Mom, do you wanna have a quick dance party before we go?" you must ALWAYS answer yes.  Like, every single time.  You look that boy in the face and say "Holy crap YES child YES!  I do indeed want to have a dance party with you."  And then when he says, "Okay, I'll do my cool dance, and you do your old mom dance" you simply stifle your laughter and just do as he says.  Just do it.  Because I can kinda guarantee you that he won't ask you to have dance parties before school very often.  Like, probably hardly ever.  So cheer him on as he does his Whip Whip Nae Nae, and then do your Macarena, and then bring him to school and cherish that memory forever.   

And THEN!...Later that night when your 2nd grader wants to teach you something called 'binary code' that he learned at school you again must always answer YES.  You look that boy in the face and say "Holy crap YES child YES!  I do indeed want you to explain binary code to me."  Even if it's late and you're tired and your head is saying, "I soooooo don't want to learn about binary code right now."  Because I can kinda guarantee you that he won't always want to sit and talk about what he learned at school that day, and he especially won't always use binary code to make a secret message that says "I love you".  So rave to him about how cool binary code is and then make a secret code back to him that says "You Rock" and then cherish that memory forever.
Both of these things happened to me today.  Moments like this, guys.  Moments like this!  What it's all about.

Good night.

2 comments:

Nadine Woodhead said...


You are right,

Make the Moments Count that will be
great memories later.

Grams Woodhead

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

I love, love, love it!!!! What a Supermom!!!

PS I want to know if you could understand binary code?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...