Monday, April 8, 2013

pillow treasures & quiet little moments

Jack likes to put toy cars under his pillow at night.
This little nightly routine started several months ago.  He would choose 4 or 5 cars to put under his pillow before going to sleep.
And since little brother loves doing whatever big brother does, Sam would usually do the same.
One day, while cleaning the their room, I looked under Jack's pillow and literally laughed out loud at what I saw.  There were SO many cars!  I don't know how he sleeps like that!  But he insists on having them all under there.  Plus there were a couple of other random things that just made me laugh more.
Just out of curiosity, I then climbed down to the bottom bunk to see what was under Sam's pillow.
Lo and behold, there was Sammy's little stash, too.  I laughed again.  So cute.
Oh my sweet sweet boys.  
Usually they are loud {sooooo loud!!!} and/or fighting with each other.  But then there are other times when they get along so well and play so nicely together.  (Those moments are always short lived, of course, but they do happen and I do appreciate them.)
And then there are times when it's abnormally quiet and I get nervous.  So I go see what's up and I find one of them in their room.  Just playing alone, peaceful and content.
This happened twice recently...once with Jack and once with Sam.  I secretly snapped a picture with my phone both times.
Because someday, when they are on their missions or wherever else, I want to remember that day when the only thing Jack cared about was quietly building a train track in his room .  And that other day when Sam was peacefully playing with legos and all I wanted was to freeze time and watch him play with legos forever.
Time goes way too fast.

7 comments:

Kimberly Woodhead said...

You are SO good at capturing and appreciating the little moments! You are such an example to me!! See you in FOUR sleep!! Can't wait! :)

Marlies said...

I love this and I love you, and I love those sweet sweet boys! Can't wait to see you!

Liz said...

This is too funny!

Kamae said...

They are so cute! When I see Jack and Sam, it makes me excited to have another boy. How do they like the bunk beds?

Rebecca & Jeff said...

That is so funny! They are such sweet boys and you are such a great mama! I need to be better at capturing the little things like you do. For it is true, little things matter most.

rach & scott said...

I love this post. Such sweet little moments captured!

Jane Anne said...

I love this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...