Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm sick.


{At the train station waiting for Kurt the other night. I was so grateful for the few minutes of silence. Please ignore the creepy guy parked behind us.}

Right now it's 4:45 A.M. according to the microwave and 5:45 A.M according to my laptop. And it definitely feels like the former. Stupid daylight savings.

I've been awake for an hour, lying on the couch with a headache, soar throat, and my favorite quilt, wishing desperately that I could just sleep. I've got my Peach Snapple to calm my burning throat and my computer screen in front of me to help me not think of my pounding head.

But Facebook stalking can only get you so far. So here I am.

Our home is silent, the boys are sleeping perfectly which I'm grateful for. I'm tempted to go back to bed and try again....but with my luck as soon as I lie down I'll hear the little one on the monitor and I'll have to get my aching bones out of bed again.

I love that picture up there. It's not often - hardly ever actually - that they both fall asleep in the car like that. I sat there and people-watched as I waited for Kurt's train, totally relishing in the peace and quiet I was granted for just a few minutes.

I love picking him up from the train - as soon as Jack sees him he screams "DAAAAAAD!!" and when Sam sees him he starts laughing and flailing his chubby little arms and legs. I get out and we kiss.  I always catch people watching and I just smile.

There must be a lot of static electricity on that train, though, because every time we kiss we get a huge shock and it kinda hurts.  So now we have this routine where we quickly touch foreheads first to get rid of the shock and then we kiss. Its pretty funny to see and it always makes us laugh.

Now that I think about it, that's probably why I see people watch us. "Who's that crazy couple that bonks their foreheads together before they kiss?...weirdos."

7 comments:

Kati said...

I think you and your hubby are sweet, lots of people don't even kiss anymore. Keep that spark alive! Hope you feel better soon.

Claire said...

oh no! hope you get better soon :) x

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

It sucks to be sick.

You guys are just that hot. I'm sure of it.

Erica said...

Haha, that's hilarious and oh so precious. Thanks for sharing such a sweet story! I hope you feel better soon!

North Meets South

BiblioMOMia said...

Too cute for words--both the story and the pic!

Jihee said...

Aww I hope you feel better soon! I love that story, it's so so so sweet!

Whim Wham Life said...

Hope you feel better soon! Not fun at all.

P.S. Creepy guy parked behind you: hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...