On the days that I'm lucky enough to have the boys take their naps at the same time, I always go around our little apartment and close all the blinds. I don't really know why I do this, but I think it's because I'm usually exhausted from all the morning's happenings and I just want to dim the lights and have some time to just.....breathe.
I think the darkness is more comforting to me than the blinding sunlight reflecting off the snow through the windows.
I will have you know, however, that I never sleep when they're sleeping. Nope, never. In fact I don't think I've taken more than like three naps since I became a mom three years ago. Their nap time is MY time. My time to read, eat, blog, shower, do homework, laundry, CLEAN, or just......sit.
By doing this I am refreshed, whereas if I sleep it feels like 2 seconds goes by and they're already awake. Then I feel groggy, grumpy, and irritated that I didn't get anything done.
After a couple of hours or so, I'll hear Jack calling for me, or Sam's sweet babblings.
I open the blinds again - happy and ready to tackle the second half of my day.
5 comments:
This sounds like me! People always look at me funny when I say that I don't nap when the kids nap... Glad you understand!! :o)
You are such a good little mama! I have to admit... I like taking naps when Roman is napping. But sometimes it does leave me feeling like..."ugh...I could have gotten so much done." I will strive to be more like you. :)
Ahh the joys of nap time. I just started cutting nap time out for my eldest so he would go to bed before 10 pm:) I miss it so--but at least my evenings are back!
Glad you enjoy the time you have.
haha i love mac photobooth. i can spend hours on it!
Congratulations, Marie! Sounds like you've got it figured out! Love you!!!
Post a Comment