
We had such a great Thanksgiving this year. Kurt's mom flew in from Utah and then she drove with us to Washington, D.C. to have Thanksgiving with Kurt's sister Kamae and her husband Matt. Kurt and I have been alone the past two Thanksgivings so it was really fun to be around family this year. My grandparents are serving a mission in D.C. so we were also able to go visit them which was SO wonderful because they got to spend some time with Jack. My cousin and her husband also live in D.C. and their whole family was in town as well so we went and saw them, too! It was fun to see so much family! And here are the pictures to prove it...
Jack and Grandma Shelley
The beautiful Thanksgiving table

My boys

The Fam

Jack LOVED exploring Matt and Kamae's house! He even climbed their stairs which was amazing to watch because we don't have any stairs at our place! :) He's a quick learner!

Yes, he still has his sink fetish....

Me and my hunk of a husband!

My little Jackster....Gotta love those dimples.
Jack thoroughly enjoyed his first Thanksgiving meal...
...especially the cheese-whiz filled celery!
Visiting Grams and Gramps at the D.C Temple visitor's center. We saw a new exhibit there called "Reflections of Christ" which was GORGEOUS and very spiritual. Grandpa even got us into a secret room where we got to see a preview of all the Nativities from all over the world. That exhibit isn't open yet so we felt pretty special to get to see it!
I love them so much!!!
Great Grandpa Woodhead
Still at the visitor's center...

On the Metro! We had fun doing a little sight-seeing.

Uncle Matt and Jack bonding.

This was at the new Pentagon Memorial that just opened this year on the anniversary of 9/11. It was REALLY cool.

Our little fam. Jack was such a trooper.
Uncle Matt again!

And the highlight of the trip....seeing Twilight!! This is us at the theater.
Eating a chicken nugget during the LONG car ride back home to Columbus.
Grandma Shelley's last night with Jack before going back to Utah. They definitely bonded!
I just have to say that the VERY long road trip to D.C. and back would have been 100 times harder without Shelley's help. She sat in the back with Jack and entertained him the entire time. Thank you so much Shelley! And thank you Matt and Kamae for having us! We had such a great time and loved spending time with you. We can't wait to see you again. And grandma and grandpa, it was SOOOOO much fun to see you again! Thank you for spending some time with us. We can't wait for you to be home! :)
Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I was very thankful this year for everything I have been blessed with. I am one lucky girl.
8 comments:
We were so glad you could come! We miss you guys!
The picture of Dad and Jack, almost made me cry. I want a picture like that with Lukey too. So glad you had fun and are safe. Counting the days!!!
LOve all the photos!! can't wait until you're home again.
oops..I should say whereever you are Kurt and Jack are is home...I mean back here to see us!
Oh, Marie,
We can feel your joy at being with family. We love you and Kurt and Jack and wish you the best holiday season--Jack's first! Just watch out for the decorations! They could get destroyed!
GGG
That sounds like so much fun being in DC for Thanksgiving. My grandparents live there because my grandpa works for Bush so they will be moving back to Utah in February. David and i went to visit them last April and absolutely love it there!! Thanksgiving would be an awesome time to be there. And as always Jack is so cute. It looks like he's got a mouth full of teeth too. Way fun!!
I have so much to say about this post! So... WHAT A GREAT THANKSGIVING! I LOVE the house you had dinner at.. VERY cute... with the brick walls... are they reall??? Also... I am totally jealous of your trip, and all the sightseeing... and taking Jack on a metro! What fun! I can't believe he is eating chicken nuggets- he is getting huge! All your family pictures are adorable, and I HATE that you have seen Twighlight!!!!! ( Obviously I still haven't.) :) But... don't tell me anything... I want to see it having NO preconcieved anything... :) ummmm... what else...it is all just so great. I miss you! It HAS been forever, so let's play SOON! Mark and I leave the 10th... so Maybe we could play on Tuesday, the day before we leave? Anyway... we'll talk! Bye!
We have been so busy with Festival of Lights that we just looked at everyone's blogs today! Loved all of the pictures; loved having everyone come to the Center; Loved spending one on one time with Jack while you viewed the exhibit. We have much to be thankful for!
Post a Comment