How's that for alliteration? :)
But really, I had a seriously fabulous holiday weekend. I love love LOVE having my honey home with me, so when Saturday morning rolled around and he didn't have to leave me I was overjoyed - especially since Friday was particularly crappy. I won't go into details but just to give you an idea of how my Friday went:
"Jack, stop screaming."
"Jack, please don't hit me."
"Jack, don't lick the ground, that's gross."
"Jack, please don't break the computer!!!!"
"Jack, don't take of your diaper."
"Jack, please don't hit your brother."
"Jack, PLEASE stop screaming!"
"Jack, don't lick your feet, that's disgusting."
"Jack, don't bite."
"Jack, please stop taking off your diaper!"
"Jack, stop kicking me."
"Jack, can you PLEASE just go in your room for like 2 minutes?!?!"
You get the idea. I love him like crazy but YIKES it was a rough day.
So...again....when Saturday morning came and Kurt was there to stay, I was one happy lady. I started out the day by lying in bed for a while with
this little guy on one side of me...
and this one on the other...
Then later on in the day little Sam SMILED for the camera! Ahhhh! I about died.
We made our way up to Sandy so Kurt could mow his mom's lawn for her since she was out of town. My own fam lives like 2 seconds away from her, so the boys and I hung out there for a while. Seeing Kurt wearing his "mow-the-lawn" shorts stained with yellow paint reminded me of when he did this for me. Hehe! Again...what a guy.
Sunday meant our usual visit to Sandy for dinner with family. And nothing is better than a little snooze in the sun with your sweety.


I do have to say that I get the worst mother of the year award for thinking that a cloudy day meant no sunscreen. WRONG! I should have listened to you, Grandma! Jack's crying last night from his sunburned shoulders broke my little heart.
But besides THAT it was a perfect weekend! Hope y'all had a good one, too.

8 comments:
Don't you love it when your husband does something so great--even if to the outside world it is nothing huge, to a wife and mother, seeing him sit there with his son at his height reminds you why he is wonderful to you. Well done Kurt.
Love the story about the paint. What a great guy you have!
Love the picture of you guys basking in the sunshine, and the one of Jack about to get in the pool with his floaties on, it looks so idealic and I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend!
You have such a cute family! You are darling, and I love your suit!
Also, we went swimming Monday too. It wasn't too great...was it?
P.S. I recognize the South Towne Mall!
Alright! first of all i'm pretty sure i took that cute picture of jack and kurt in the pool! just wanted that to be known!! and second, thank you for making me look like a fatty!! i thought that was just a harmless joke, i was not aware that picture would make it on the blog for the world to see!! but other than that way cute post!!!
That smile!!! Sam's a cutie! And I love the picture of you and Kurt on the grass. I would frame that one :) It looks like life has fallen nicely into place for you guys! So happy for you and your sweet family!
p.s. miss ohio at all??!!
cute pictures!!
What a great weekend! And hey, you look great for having just had a baby!!!
Loved your pictures!
Post a Comment