{He became an official two and A HALF year old last month}
In the last few weeks he has told me that when he grows up he wants to be:
1. a paper boy
2. a doctor
3. a race car driver
4. an architect
5. a juggler
6. a "water guy" - i.e. a contestant on Wipeout.
*****
After I changed Sam's diaper, Jack said, "Mmmmm! Smells like delicious fruity basketballs!"
After laughing so hard and prying a little more, I figured out he was saying "delicious fruits and vegetables."
*****
After taking the Sacrament each Sunday he loves to proclaim for all to hear, "Mmmmm! Delicious! My favorite snack!"
*****
So we're in the checkout lane at Walmart. Jack is sitting in the cart and when he sees the nice Walmart employee wearing an eye patch he asks (very loudly), "Mom! Is that a PIRATE?"
Kurt and I about died.
Fortunately, the man was kind and played along.
Unfortunately, I think Jack pooped his pants from being so scared when the guy got up in his face and said, "Ayyy, Mayteee!"
I think you took it a little too far, sir.
*****
He enjoys speaking Spanish. (Thank you, Dora.)
*****
He also occasionally enjoys calling us "Marie" and "Kurt" instead of Mom and Dad. I don't care, though, because it's so dang funny.
{Just picture a 2 1/2 year old with a lisp shouting, "Hey KURT!!! Come here, you GOT to see this!!" and you'll get what I mean.}
*****
At night when I tuck him in he asks me (all in one breath), "Mom, will you sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star How I Wonder What You Are Up Above The World So High Like A Diamond In The Sky?"
Now, THAT is a long song title!
*****
Hates time-outs. But not as much as I hate giving them. Ugh...it's awful...
*****
So every time Kurt gets home from work, Jack says,
"How was work, dad?.....Crappy?"
I guess he's heard the answer enough times to know it by heart :)
*****
Wants to go to school so bad so he can "ride the bus and bring a lunch box"
*****
He's so sweet to always tell me, "thanks for the dinner!" - after we eat breakfast.
*****
One time at the park, there was some writing on the playground and he exclaims, "Look! Constellations!"
Constellations? Seriously? I don't think I learned that word until I was 12.
*****
Whenever Kurt or I get back from working out, he'll ask, "How was the run?"
*****
Can memorize, remember, and quote just about anything. (My brothers have used this to teach him to say some not-so-appropriate things....thanks guys...)
*****
Sweet. Good hearted. Helpful. STUBBORN. Hilarious. Loves his daddy I think more than anyone else. LOUD. Inquisitive. Ridiculously smart. Oh so handsome. Fabulous big brother. Still learning how to share. FUNNY! Very sensitive. Wants to do everything ALL BY HIMSELF. Lives off chocolate milk. Loves, loves, LOVES being tackled and chased by dad. An absolute JOY. Strong personality. Knows EXACTLY what he wants. Have I mentioned yet how much he ADORES his dad? My free spirit.
*****
Oh, and just so ya know, Jesus wants him for a "SunBEEP"
14 comments:
Marie - I think you have just about the cutest little family ever. I guess that is to be expected coming from you! Your just adorable.
cute post! so fun to have all those things written down. you had me smiling the whole time! And your little boys are darling :)
Love the pirate story. Reminds me a time when toothsome #2 exclaimed really loudly, "Mom, that is a really fat lady!"
Loved this post! He is soo cute! Too many favorites to just name one. He is hilarious!
Marie, I am laughing out loud even though I've heard a lot of them already. Jack has quite the personality and I am so glad you are keeping track of it all
I was laughing the whole time. What a cutie!!
I absolutely love 2 year old personalities! What great stories!
What a cute boy! Kids say the funniest things sometimes. I loved the pirate story!
Marie, those stories and phraseology's seriously had me cracking up. Especially after meeting Mr. Jack. so glad you wrote these things down. they will be priceless later. I too would love to get together soon. Currently I stuck home since we are only operating on one car right now, and we are potty training Emma. I will let you know when things change or we would love to have you come out here. Thanks for the laughs.
Ok this post made me so excited to have a kid and write down all the funny things that they say. My nephew saw a guy at the store once with a long white beard and told his mom that it was Santa...but of course says it really loud. I love kids!
He sounds like such a funny and smart kid! so cute!
I loved reading this! He is so cute and funny! We miss you guys too! We'll probably taking a trip out there next summer-we'll let you guys know! :)
Marie this little guy sounds absolutely awesome!! Your little family is soooo cute!
How was work Dad? Crappy? Okay - that was COMPLETELY hilarious!! The pirate thing - oh boy, fantastic! etc. Loved that post - thank you for the laugh tonight!!
Post a Comment