Wednesday, August 24, 2011

6 year anniversary + a hike


Yesterday marked 6 years since Kurt and I were married. In some ways it seems like that windy august day was so long ago, yet in other ways it feels like it was just yesterday and the time has just flown by.
To celebrate, we hiked Y mountain together - something neither of us had ever done before! (Kinda strange that we have so many memories at BYU, yet this was our first time hiking the Y)
Michael and Kimberly watched the boys for us as we headed down to good 'ol Provo.
For some reason I was under the impression that hiking the Y was nothing but a simple walk, but boy was I wrong! It was STEEP and I was dying! I really haven't exercised steadily since I got pregnant with Sam and went back to school, so I was very unprepared for this, haha. My totally-in-shape-workout-obessed husband was nice to "fake" like he was having as hard of a time as I was....even though I know he wasn't really.
But we did finally make it to the top in perfect time to watch the sun set. Oh and take a kissy kissy picture, of course :)
(what you don't see are all the attempts at taking a picture before we finally got this one. Lets just say Kurt had me laughing hard.)

It was fun being able to think about the past 6 years and look at the beautiful view of the town where it pretty much all started.
Happy Anniversary, Love!
Thanks for your patience, your hard work, and especially for all the laughs.
I was crazy about you at 19, and I'm still crazy about you now.

4 comments:

mj said...

Congrats Marie and Kurt!

And Beautiful pictures. I especially love the last one on the right.

The Palmers said...

congrats you guys. You are the cutest couple ever. We miss you guys. Hope your doing well. You guys look amazing!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I have always wanted to hike the Y too. Maybe we will for my 6 year anniversary:)

Juliana said...

Absolutely stunning wedding picture! Happy 6 years, I love reading your blog :)

PS: We just moved back to Provo, yesterday! Maybe we could have lunch or sometime soon?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...