
Jack:
- I was making him a sandwich for lunch and I asked him if he wanted "a half or a whole". He replied "whole" so I made him a whole sandwich. He was confused and said, "Mom, I said whole!" I then realized he thought he was saying "hole" and was expecting there to be a hole in the sandwich! So I laughed and cut out a hole and he then ate it all up.
- We were playing at Draper park which has a new exercise game for the kids to play at the playground. He loved it, but he was playing so hard and it was so hot outside that he was getting REALLY sweaty. He came over to me and said (referring to the drips of sweat running down his face), "Mom, I have tears!"
- He was eating a burrito for lunch and I wanted to let him know how happy I was that he was eating so well, so I exclaimed excitedly, "You are so good at eating burritos!" He then responded without even missing a beat, "You are so good at eating cheeseburgers!" Hmmmm....what's he trying to say?.....haha.
- A few weeks ago, he randomly asked me how Sam got out of my tummy. It caught me so off guard and I tried to think fast of a good way to say it to a 3 year old. So I said, "Well, I just pushed him out like I was going potty." To which he responded, "Like poo?" I thought for a moment and then said "Um....yes. Like that." He paused and said thoughtfully, "Well, that's INTERESTING."
- He tried to use hot pads to take his eggo out of the toaster. So funny.
- He spit outside on the ground the other day. When I asked him not to do that he reassured me by saying, "It's okay, I don't need that spit." Well I guess it's okay then :)
- He was sitting on the toilet trying to go "number 2" the other day. I went in to check on him only to realize he wasn't having much luck. He asked, "Mom do I just need to relax?" Trying not to laugh I replied, "yes, honey, just relax, it will come." Then he said profoundly, "Mom, did you know 'relax' means 'wait patiently' in Spanish?" HILARIOUS.
Sam:
- At 16 months now, I started taking him into nursery! I stay in there with him since he's not the official nursury age yet, but he loves it! It's so cute watching him sit at the little table eating his snacks with his chubby little legs dangling off his chair :) He does so great, and is so sweet and content with everything and everyone around him.
- He is practically running everywhere and loves to scream, grunt, and squeal at everything.
- His latest word is "bubba" for "bubbles" and "uh uh" for "uh oh"
- Even though he is the sweetest little thing, he is definitely strong willed and will get very angry and cry hard when he doesn't get something he wants. Silly boy.
- He loves putting things in the fridge. The most recent things I have discovered in there are some pots, my lipgloss, a binky, and a CD.
- He also managed to put a chicken nugget in the cheerio box, which I realized when I poured myself a bowl of cereal. Don't ask me how he did this....I really have no idea.
- Again with the fridge play...I opened the door to find every single condoment removed from the door and lined up perfectly on another shelf.
Kurt:
- Upon reaching his 1 year mark at the AG's office, he was called "a fine attorney" by his boss who also gave him several other compliments. (And this boss apparantly doesn't give praise often. I am a very proud wifey.)
- He's been teaching the 10 and 11 year old primary class for about a year and a half now. He's had 3 different teaching partners, who have all come and gone, but they still never release him. It's a really rambunctious class but Kurt does a great job and I think the kids love him. (We had cookies on our doorstep a couple weeks ago addressed to "Brother Bradburn" from an anonymous class member. So cute.)
- He's a total history junkie and lately he's been reading a lot about some lesser known stories of the early saints and especially Joseph Smith. He's been telling some of the cool things he's read, and I'm learning a lot about the prophet that I've never known before! Kinda fun.
- Several weeks ago, he surprised me with a date - he had already asked his mom to watch the boys and everything. And guess what the date was? A picnic at the exact park and under the exact tree where he proposed to me. It was the first time we had ever been back and it was just so great.
Love my boys.
3 comments:
So... I need to thank you. And I should really probably send a thank you card to Jack... Last night I was waiting for Harrison to fall asleep, so I was laying in bed reading your blog. I'd read Jack's quotes one by one, and I kept laughing out loud so I'd end up reading them to Heath. The "like poo?" thing made Heath and I really laugh. By the time we got to the last one about relax and Spanish, I totally had the giggles and Heath laughed a lot, too.
To make a short story longer, thanks for blogging about the darndest things your kid says. It added much laughter to the Shurtleff evening. :)
It has been fun reading all of your recent posts. You and your boys crack me up! They just get cuter and cuter.
Hope all is well!:)
Ha!! I am still laughing at Jack's comments!! They are all fantastic, I can't pick a favorite . . . I don't need that spit, hole in the sandwich, and of course . . . "like poo?" :):) Thank you for sharing those gems!
Post a Comment