Sunday, August 14, 2011

one year come and gone


This past week marked one year since Kurt got hired at the Attorney General's office. I still remember that day like it was yesterday, and I cannot believe it has already been a year.

At that time it had been over a year since he graduated from Law School and we were struggling to say the least. Then, literally out of the blue, a tender mercy came our way.

On the days when I find myself complaining about things (especially about still living in an apartment) I think about all those who are unable to find work right now, and how truly fortunate we are.

Thank you, Kurt, for working hard for us, even when you're sick of it and stressed out about money. I am so proud of you. Thank you Mark for opening a door for us when we thought one never would. And thank you mom and dad for having such a great connection, haha ;)


I don't know what the future holds. But for now, I'm just grateful.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I hear ya' with still living in an apartment and I am sure with 2 kids it gets even crazier! :) What great pictures of you and your family - I like the pops of red . You look so pretty!

Michelle said...

Marie, your blog is a treat for my eyes - you have the best pictures. I'd come to gaze at your pics even if I didn't know you (that sounds creepy, but you know what I mean:) Anyway . . . the flag, the red shoes and tie, the boys' clothes, the popcicles, the fact that even though you are standing on a step Kurt is still considerably taller than you :):) Such a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing - and congrats on ONE YEAR!

Laura said...

Hey my dad works for the AG's office too. Doug Richards- anyways I told my brother Preston to add marlies as a friend on FB and he looked her up and was like "we have 106 mutual friends!!" It was cute and so is he and so is she and maybe it's a match made in heaven ;) Ha! did ya get all that ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...