Sammy boy!! You are three!! How did that even happen??
I woke up this morning with you lying next to me. You must have come in sometime during the night like you so often do.
I said, "Sammy! It's your birthday!"
To which you replied very seriously, "No it's not mom. I haven't had BURFDAY cake yet."
Apparently it's not your burfday until you have had your burfday cake.
Daddy took you to get donuts for breakfast, just the two of you. You came home with a red "thank you" sticker on your jacket which you didn't want to take off.
And you loved your new Tonka truck! I think his name is supposed to be Chuck but you call him Rowdy...and I don't correct you because it's just too cute.
Later on, you decided you were too cool to take your nap. Normally I would push it, but it was your special day so I let it slip.
It got super warm today, so in the afternoon you played with the hose outside with Jack and Nora and laughed at dad while I took pictures of you.
Oh Sammy. I love you so much you little stinker. You'll always be my sweet Sammy...but - oh boy - I can tell your threes are going to get a little crazy. You've already had a few episodes that are making me a tad bit nervous.....Your twos were pretty breezy, but yes I think your threes might just do me in.
But it's okay. I would do anything for those humongous brown eyes.
Happy birthday, my sweet boy.
Love,
Mama






No comments:
Post a Comment