Tuesday, August 6, 2013

we made it.

After tons of packing, stress, and (ahem) cranky-ness on my part.....we made it.
Dear 'ol Utah....we just can't stay away from you I guess!
With the help of my glorious mom and brother (pictured above), we survived the 12 hour drive.
(Just barely, though.  Seriously.  I was legitimately going insane by the end.)
But really, we couldn't have done it without them.  Thank you again Mom and Michael!!!!  You rocked!!!

Kurt let the boys ride in the moving truck with him for the last couple hours of the drive...(also pictured above.)  Probably not the safest thing in the world....but you know what?  Try being in a car with 3 kids age 5 and under for TEN HOURS and then turn down an offer to have them be taken away from you....far FAR away from you....it was like I could hear the angels singing as I considered it.  Um, yes please!  Best offer ever.  If you think I'd turn down that offer then well you are just crazy.  

Anyway, I already miss California and the great year and a half we spent there.  Even if it wasn't an extremely long time, so many significant things happened for our little family while we lived there.  Our time there will always be special to me.
So, as a final goodbye post, here are just a few of what I consider to be the highlights of our time in CA.

Enjoy.

here (obviously!)
and

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...