This hasn't happened in years! Best little afternoon surprise I could have ever asked for.
It seems like I'm always busy being pulled so many different directions by the kiddos these days.
So, to have this moment where I had time to just lie down next to him as he cuddled up and fell asleep was awesome.
As he snored in my ear I couldn't help but remember our Ohio days when it was just the two of us while Kurt was in Law School. Now - 6 years and 3 little siblings later - he doesn't have all my attention like he used to, but he handles his role as the oldest child the best he knows how. He's such a good kid. He knows how to push my buttons like no one else, but he's a good kid with a good heart, and I'm glad I had this moment with him today. I think we both needed it.
He needed his mom all to himself for a minute, and I needed to be reminded that even though he's getting older, he's still my baby.
{sammy had to sneak in for a pic, too!}


1 comment:
Oh I love this photo!!! I love your writing and I love you!
Post a Comment