Thursday, September 24, 2015

Happy Birthday, husband! And now, 33 things I love about you...


Happy Birthday to the most fantastic human being on earth, whom I am lucky enough to be married to.  This is for you, Kurty, on your birthday.  33 things I love about you.  (All other readers, proceed at your own risk.  Much cheesiness ahead…)

1.  I LOVE HOW YOU ARE SO DANG FUNNY.
2.  I love how patient and soft-spoken you are with the kids, even when they are being awful.
3.  I love that you are so smart.  (And that you never make me feel dumb when I'm constantly asking you to explain things to me, haha!)
4.  I love that you have the biggest and craziest goals and dreams…and that you actually try to achieve them.
5.  I love that you are a total history nerd.  I've learned so much from all those documentaries you watch ;)
6.  I love the smell of your clothes in the closet.
7.  I love that other people love to be around you because of A) how funny you are, and B) how you make others feel good about themselves.
8.  I love how you can't stay awake past 9:00 at night.  You are basically an 80 year old man at heart, it's so cute.
9.  I love that you have such a good head on your shoulders and you just know what's up.
10.  I love that you can totally calm me down when I'm freaking out.
11.  I love that you let me talk your ear off at night even when you're so tired and probably just want to go to sleep.
12.  I love how amazingly unselfish you are in our marriage.  You truly give, give, give….
13.  I love the fact that if I'm having anxiety about something I always ALWAYS feel better after talking it through with you.
14.  I love that you're already going a little gray in your hair (and lots in your beard). Sooo suave…. :)
15.  I love how you are basically a sponge.  You learn something once, and you remember it forever.  You are a walking encyclopedia, it's crazy.
16.  I love that you go to the grocery store for me every week, even though you hate it!
17.  I love that you take care of yourself, both physically and spiritually.
18.  I love how you can somehow rationalize buying Papa John's pizza for dinner basically once a week.
19.  I love your cute little "half-asleep-laugh" you do when watching The Office or Jimmy Fallon at night in bed.
20.  I love that you are literally the epitome of tall, dark and handsome :)
21.  I love how you are always 100% supportive of any personal goals I may have.
22.  I love that you are so sweet to me and can never tell me no.  (I probably take advantage of this, sorry…)
23.  I love how you always eat whatever I cook and tell me it's so yummy even though most of the time it's very obvious that you do not like it, haha!
24.  I love how you will turn on "Say Yes to the Dress" for me on Friday nights, and then proceed to watch it with me even though I know it's the last thing you want to watch.
25.  I LOVE that you can literally make me laugh harder than anyone else on the planet, and you do so EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
26.  I love how good you are at running around and playing with the kids…even when I know you have zero energy left.
27.  I love how the kids listen to me soooo much better when you're around.
28.  I love your sarcasm and quick wit.
29.  I love how you tell me I'm beautiful every day…even when I seriously look like crap!
30.  I love that you choose to live a completely social-media-free life.  It's actually quite impressive.
31.  I love that even though you are soooo good around big groups of people, you are truly an introvert at heart like me.
32.  I love how helpful you are around the house and how you always do the dishes and clean the kitchen for me.
33. I love that you are such a good example to me with your faith and strong testimony of the Gospel.

Basically, I just love your guts.  Happy birthday, love.  You are absolutely THE best 33 year old around.


(A couple other Happy Birthday to Kurt posts here and here.  And another good (non-bday) one here.)

2 comments:

Kimberly Woodhead said...

Happy birthday to Kurt!! He really is the best 33 year old!

Jane Anne said...

What a wonderful post!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...