Tuesday, April 19, 2016

thoughts on thirty

My birthday fell on a Monday this year so I told Kurt that on Sunday I wanted to attend Music & The Spoken Word with him.  So, bright and early on Sunday morning we left the kiddos with grandma and headed downtown.  It had been years since I'd heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir live and it was awesome.  I wish I could go every Sunday!
So...let's talk about this 30 years old thing.  Turning 30 was a little strange.  I definitely had some anxiety about it in the months leading up to my birthday.  I think it's because in my mind I am totally still my 19 year old self, ha!  And when I really was 19, I thought 30 was sooooo old.  Then I blinked and now I'm 30, I've been married for almost 11 years and have 4 children.  How did that even happen?!  It's weird not to say "twenty" before my age anymore, and it's weird to think that the 19 year olds today probably think I'm the old one now :)  But I keep telling myself it's okay.  It's okay because I accomplished so much in my twenties that I'm very proud of.  Particularly my time living in Ohio & California, finishing my Bachelor's degree, and growing and birthing four little humans.

Looking ahead into the next decade of my life I still have goals and dreams.  I wrote a "Turning 30 Mission Statement" for myself (yes, I'm being serious) to help calm my nerves, and to help remind myself of the woman I'm still trying to become.

So here's to the next decade of my life.  I blew out my candles in true form - with a messy bun in my hair and a baby in my arms. Which perfectly exemplifies my current life right now.  30 looks different on everyone but this is how 30 looks on me.  And I'm pretty darn pleased with it.  

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I love you at 30 and who you've become and look forward to seeing what you become In this next decade.

Kimberly Woodhead said...

You are one amazing woman! You should be very proud of your first 30 years. And you're one smokin' hot mom!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...