Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You know your husband loves you when...


For the past few weeks I’ve been saving some of my piano teaching money to use for something fun. I’ve been wanting to paint our apartment for a really long time now - the ugly plain walls were really starting to get to me. I think Kurt was tired of me talking about how I wish we either had a bigger apartment or a cuter one, so last weekend he broke down and said he would help me paint. I assured him it wouldn’t cost very much and that we could use my piano money. I also said it wouldn’t be that big of a job and that I would help him so it would get done really fast. Oh how naïve I am! Here is where the title of my post comes into play:

You know your husband loves you when:
*He says he will spend the Memorial Day weekend painting your apartment even though you know he really doesn’t want to.
*You promise you’ll help him but you actually end up entertaining your 6 month old the whole time so he ends up painting the ENTIRE thing all by himself.
*Not only this, but you completely underestimate how many gallons of paint you will need so it ends up costing more than you said it would (when you’re living off student loans this is NOT a good thing…)
*He spends literally two entire days on his feet trying to accomplish a job you said would not take long but really ends up being a HUGE project. Usually when people paint they move everything out of the room first. Well, not you guys! There’s no room anywhere else to put your furniture so he has to maneuver around everything which makes it twice as hard and last twice as long.
*Even after hours and hours of painting, he keeps the complaining to a minimum and mutters very few bad words under his breath. (Even when you tell him you want the couch and piano to switch places...I'm so cruel, I know.)
*He also spends a ton of time on his hands and knees trying to get bright yellow (yes, I chose yellow) drips of paint out of the carpet.
*He actually gets swollen ankles from standing so long!
*You especially know he loves you when he says, “I love you so much, but you are the ONLY person in the entire world I would do this for because this SUCKS!”

Thank you Kurt!!! You are my one and only and I owe you big time! I love our cute yellow walls and you did a great job.

PICTURES TO COME SOON!

7 comments:

trudy...{and jamo} said...

That is soooooo cute!!

Trish said...

Painting is the absolute worst! That is a really nice husband. I even mention paint and I can't find Destry for days. Can't wait to see pictures.

Jane Anne said...

Kurt...you are the man of the hour! or should I say hours or maybe days...oh what the heck you're the man of the year!!!

Jana said...

Post some pictures of your cute yellow walls. Kurt you are a good man!

Amy Jane said...

what a great hubby! can't wait to see pics!

Malinovka said...

What a great husband, Kurt! Way to go. I'm sure Eric is grateful we aren't allowed to paint our apartment!!

sara said...

Kudos to Kurt!...Yes, Marie, I agree plain white walls can drive a stay at home mom insane!! For that reason I to have painted ...two house...the whole house.

It's just the begining KURT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...