Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We did it!

Well folks, we finally did it. We cut Jack's hair off! As stated in my previous post I was very attached to his long hair, but he still looks just as cute with the short hair and, if possible, even cuter! So without further adieu...




We were so surprised at how easy it was. We were worried the electric clippers would scare him or he would freak out or something but he was a CHAMP! He held so still (thanks to my amazing distraction skills!) and he didn't cry one bit. Kurt had it cut in no time at all! Didn't he do such a good job? At one point he asked me, "Oh my gosh are you crying?" Okay fine - I really don't know why it was so emotional for me. But Jack just all of a sudden looked more like a little boy than a baby and I got a teeny tiny bit teary. Is that such a crime?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Marie! His hair cut is super cute! I don't think we cut Ruby's hair until she was a little over two. I couldn't bear to part with the little ringlets at the ends. So you are much better than I am. I love that you got a wee bit misty-eyed. How much did you take off?

Jane Anne said...

OH!! he looks so cute! Way to be brave...I love it

Trish said...

He looks adorable. I wish I could see your reaction to all the milestones that are ahead. That's why I love you, you are cherishing every moment. Never stop!

Anonymous said...

wouldn't that be fun for them to be little friends. Maybe then Jack could share the secret to growing long lustrious locks. I am sure Emm's would appreciate it, or maybe I would. lol

sara said...

you are such a good mom!!! I'm GLAD you are enjoying every little step of the parenting process....i used to roll my eyes at my mom when commercials on TV would make her tear up....well i do the same now, once you are a parent you look at life in a COMPLETELY different way! suddenly your teary eyed at your first babies haircut, next your crying over a commercial about something completely irrelevant about how a dad loves and worries about his teenage daughter!!!!! or better yet, crying when your 9th grader comes home from her third day of school, because you just simply missed her!!

btw....JACK IS STILL ADORABLE.. just be glad he doesn't have an opinion about how you cut it yet!!

Kamae said...

I think the cut looks great!

Audrey said...

I love the pre-cut Mohawk, but his new 'do is completely adorable! I hope you guys are doing well.

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Marie, darlin', you are so brave! And he is the personification of impish! He looks like you are going to have a great time keeping up with his life!

Anonymous said...

He does look more like a little boy than a baby now. What is there not to love about that adorable face?

It was love at first sight when we saw him this summer.

Blog Ness Monsters said...

no crime at all! you are so sweet... :) That's a great story, like all the others! I'm sure I'll get a teeny bit teary when it's Mel's turn too.... in like 5 years when he finally gets some hair. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...