Thursday, December 11, 2008

12 month stats


First:  Jack really did not want his picture taken today, as you can tell by the picture.

Second:  Yes, I got my hair dyed really dark.  I'm still getting used to it but it's a fun change and I like it :)

Third:  We found out today that Jack has a HUGE noggin!  Here's the proof:

weight: 22 lbs. - (45th %)
height:  30 1/2" - (75th %)
head:  48 1/2 cm - (95th %!!!)

As I said, a HUGE head.  I like to think it's because he has a lot of brains....

So the doctor's appointment today was quite the experience.  As we were walking in I was remembering when we took Jack there for the very first time a whole year ago.  I can remember it so well...he was so tiny!  

I was watching him today on the doctor's table crawling around and trying to grab everything in his reach.  And when I say everything, I mean everything.  He took the lid off the jar of cotton balls and proceeded to take them out one by one.  When we stopped him from doing that, he then took the lid off the jar containing those popsicle stick things doctors use and started taking those out one by one.  When that ended he tried to eat some hand sanitizer and some wipes.  Then he stood up and started pulling flyers off the wall.  Then we knew there was no hope when he spotted the little sink they had the room.  If you've read my blog at all you know that Jack has a really weird sink fetish.  Well, needless to say, he started freaking out as soon as he saw it and didn't calm down until he was placed in it.  I wish I had brought my camera!  When the doctor still hadn't come in the room yet we were running out of ideas so we started giving him rides on the chair.  He watched himself in the mirror as he glided across the room on his "ride" and got the biggest kick out of it.  It was a little awkward when the doc walked in the room when we were doing that.....oh well. 

ANYWAY....what I'm getting at is I just can't believe how much he has progressed in just one year!  Being a mom can be so exhausting but when I see that little toothy smile I just can't help but laugh and be so thankful he is part of my life!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your hair dark. It is super cute!! Its funny the things we do for our kids to keep them entertained. That is funny how big his head it. But it suits him well.

rach & scott said...

Love the dark hair! It looks really good on you! That is a great story about Jack... This is random, but it totally reminded me of the movie Elf when he goes to the doctor and he takes the lid off of the cotton ball jar and pops them in his mouth. So funny.

sara said...

I think next time you go to the doc....you need to be ready with your tap shoes, cane and top hat...maybe even a few jokes to keep that cutie-patutie.... entertained!!!! That's what it feels like waiting in that tiny....tiny room trying to keep a toddler entertained and not destroy every expensive piece of medical equipment in the room...the doc chair was ALWAYS a fav for my kids...

Seriously....next time bring your video camara!!!! what a crack up!

Amy Jane said...

Don't you just luv those doctor office rooms! I like to go to the doctor to see where Lilli is at, but its hard to keep them entertained while waiting for the doc :) Oh, and I know I've already said it but I love your hair dark! You look beautiful blond or brunette!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...