Jack decided to give us a little drama to celebrate being 14 months old. This drama came in the form of tripping and splitting his eyelid open at COSI on Thursday. Poor little guy. As soon as his head hit the edge of the chair and I heard the crack, I knew it was bad. And I was right - when I picked him up his eye was full of blood and it was running down his face.
To make a long story short, my sweet friend Britta who was with me drove us to Children's Hospital where we met up with Kurt. Luckily the doc determined Jack's cut could be fixed with glue which made me SO happy because I was worried he would have to get stitches. But it was still bad because we had to hold him down while the guy glued him up. The nurse had to hold his head, I had to hold his arms, and Kurt had to hold his legs. It was AWFUL! He was screaming the whole time and I just wanted to cry. When it was all finished the nurse said, "Wow, he's a strong one."
But all in all, he was so brave and I was very proud of him. A HUGE thank you to Britta who stuck by me at COSI during it all, and who drove us to the hospital. Not to mention the treats she gave Jack to distract him from all the craziness. Those were seriously a life saver!
And here's the star of the show himself....with a very messy face. This was when we finally got home from the hospital after he was all glued up.

12 comments:
Poor jack!! I'm SO glad that he is okay! How scary!!
Oh and yes, blood does stain. I recommend stain devils for blood. It seriously is magic. You can get it at any grocery store. It's usually by the laundry stuff. The bottles are small and easy to miss but they look like this:
http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_105&products_id=4117
Poor little guy! I am glad he is doing better and that it is all over. Ruby split her eyelid when she was 12 months and it was pretty traumatizing in the moment. She ended up with stitches but you would never know it. Hope it heals up soon! He is a little cutie!
WOW!!! What a story!! I'm so glad you had a friend with you!!
That is so sad. How traumatizing for Jack and maybe even more traumatizing for you!
Aww, that is so sad! Glad that he is doing better though!!
Give little Jack a big hug and kiss from Grandma Jane.
Poor Jack!
What a trooper! It's painful to have to hold your own child down, just so someone can help him feel better:)
Hope you both heal quickly!
Poor thing. That just gives me the shivers looking at that cut. I don't handle blood very well so I am scared when something like that happens to my little boy.
Oh Neon, how scary! What a trooper Jack is though! He is so cute!
Oh my gosh! That is awful! Lucy tripped at COSI last week too and split her lip - but nothing like that! How awful.
Awwwww, poor guy!!
He is still so very handsome. Love you guys!
Though Marie, you forgot to mention how brave YOU were!!!! I'm not kidding- the way you kept your cool, was absolutely inspiring. wow. what a day. I am glad I was with you!
Post a Comment