
We have had such a crazy past couple weeks! A few days after our "Jack splitting his eye open" experience, we were back in the Emergency Room for Kurt who had a lovely case of kidney stones. OUCH.
Our afternoon in the ER was the absolute WORST experience ever! (Not trying to put down the OSU Medical Center or anything - I had a great experience there when I delivered Jack, but this time was absolutely horrible!!) Kurt called me from school in excruciating pain and said he needed to go to the hospital. I grabbed Jack out of his crib totally waking him up from a nap (therefore making him start bawling), and drove to the Law School to pick up my husband who can barely walk. We go the ER which is PACKED and to make a very long story short, they basically ignored us until over an hour later when Kurt was passed out on the disgusting bathroom floor of the waiting room.
Yes that's right I said passed out. From pain. On the bathroom floor.
I can just imagine what those nurses were saying - "Hmmm....maybe we should finally help this guy instead of continuing to totally ignore him and his wife who is on the verge of tears and who has been carrying a very upset child in her arms for over an hour...."
Gee, thanks.
Argh!!! Just writing about it makes me so upset all over again. At the time, we didn't know it was kidney stones, so for all I knew Kurt's stomach was exploding and he was about to die. Seriously, people! I understand emergency rooms are crowded and everyone has to wait their turn, but at least give people some respect when they're going through a traumatic experience. What really pushed me over the edge, though, was when I told one of the worker ladies that my husband was on the bathroom floor in a lot of pain and needed some help and she replied (and I am not joking) "Oh he can't be on the floor...it's dirty. He needs to sit in a chair." ARE YOU KIDDING ME LADY?!
Phew! Thanks for letting me vent. I'm over it now and Kurt is all better too. He passed the little guy today, actually! (Over a week later...)
They say kidney stones are men's equivalent to childbirth. I don't know if that's true or not, but Kurt was definitely in A LOT more pain than I ever was during labor. Not to mention how much nicer people were to me during it all.
I love you baby!
6 comments:
Oh man, that sounds AWFUL! I'm so sorry they didn't give ya'll the time of day at the ER! I was the only one at home with my dad when he had a kidney stone and it was so scary! I've never seen him in so much pain. I can't believe it took a week to pass. Was Kurt in pain that whole time? How is he doing now? Anything we can do to help?
And last week you wrote "Life is good!"
Wow, how awful! You must have been VERY upset, and we don't blame you one bit! We can't imagine the e.r. attendant saying that...
Tell Kurt GGG and Papa love him and hope he is not too much the worse for it all.
THat is terrible! you guys have had more than your share lately! I'm glad everything has calmed down a little!
OMG!!!! duh....without knowing what was wrong with kurt, and having him passed out, i would have been FREAKING trying to get someone to pay attention to me!!!i think nurses who work in the ER get so numb that they forget about being kind. I also think they see a LOT of wacked people and have a hard time knowing who is REALLY in pain....STILL no EXCUSE! once they saw how bad he reallly was did they say anything to you????
i really hope that isn't a picture of his kindney stone....i was worried at first...hahaha
jk....was that the size of it or what?
That can't be his kidney stone...it's huge!!!
Post a Comment