I feel like there is an invisible checklist out there for first time parents - things that must happen to you as as a first time mom or dad that you probably wish DIDN'T have to happen. But, nonetheless, I think they are all inevitable. I think we've experienced some of these things already: Jack getting the flu and throwing up all over us on an airplane, falling and splitting his eye open and having to go to the hospital, his first really bad tantrum at the grocery store, etc. It seems like whenever one of these things happen, most of my friends who are parents have a similar story to share.
Well this week we were privileged enough to go through another item on the "first timer" checklist. And it was in the form of Jack getting locked in the car with the keys and having to call the fire department to come get him out. I want to THANK HEAVEN for a couple things: 1. it was NOT a hot day, and 2. he wasn't crying or scared at all. In fact, he was really excited to see the fire truck and kept pointing at it and saing "Ka!" (His word for Car) Anyway, it turned out to be just fine but it's definitely something I don't want to have happen again!
I know that this invisible checklist is REALLY long....in fact it probably is never ending. Poor Jack - as the first kid he's going to go through a lot. Oh well, I was the first and I survived. I think.... :)
7 comments:
OH man that would have scared me so bad! I am so glad that everything worked out and that it was okay! Gosh what a stressful thing for a mom. You are so cute and Jack is so adorable! He is such a handsome little guy. I am glad that you had a wonder birthday and you totally deserve to eat your whole cake!
oh! i bet you were so scared! i'm glad everything was ok! you'll probably laugh about it in a few days :)
i am glad you had such a fun birthday!!!!!!!
Oooh Marie - I'm sorry!! That is so stressful - very glad Jack enjoyed the fire-truck at least:):) I can't imagine sweet Jack throwing a tantrum! He is officially a little boy. Oh man - and the airplane story, I missed out on that one . . . I am sooo sorry.
Neon... I just have to tell you:
That you inspire me to want to become a mother. Your kindness, Gentleness and genuine love make me feel fuzzy inside whenever I think of you.
Hopefully one day I can be as wonderful as you!
Loves
Marie Woodhead! Oh my goodness, I haven't seen you since highschool. How are you? You have a beautiful family! Here I was doing my routine blog stalking and here you are!
NEON!/Marie
I just found you on blogspot! Its Corie (DIVA)your family is so cute, and I can't believe your a mommmy! your little guy is so cute, It looks like life is going very well, congrats on being done with law school!
I just love you, Corie/Diva!
OOOH! Sounds like you managed everything quite well, Mom. And no trauma. . . At least for Jack!
GGG
Post a Comment