Monday, August 30, 2010

"The Mom Song"

{watching adoringly as Jack eats chocolate cake with a spoon during one of our many lazy afternoons at grandma g's pool this summer.}

Every day when Jack wakes up from his nap he lies there and shouts, "Mom, mom, mom, Mooooooommmm, mom mmooooommmmmyyyy!!" until I come in and jump on the bed with him and snuggle for a few minutes while we talk about what he dreamt about. (FYI, it's always race cars.)

The other day I went in to get him like I always do and this was the conversation that followed:

I opened the door and Jack says: "It worked!"

Me: "What worked?"

Jack: "The Mom Song!"

Me: "What's the Mom Song?"

Jack: "It goes like this! (and he proceeds to sing) Mom! Mom! Mooooooommmm! And then you come in to get me, mom!"


I have myself a little Mozart.

Smart little thing.

7 comments:

Janice said...

That is such a great photo. Captures what all moms feel for their kids.

Marlies said...

Okay that is hilarious! I swear he is like 12 years old!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Russell sings that one too. His is the Led Zeppelin version though:)

mj said...

he's so cute. I can'y get over it. I love all your pics. you look so beautiful.

Jane Anne said...

What a great photographer - ha ha

Mike and Corie said...

I LOVE IT! He seems like such a fun kid.
p.s. they both are so cute!
and you too!

Michelle said...

AH - HE COULD NOT BE MORE ADORABLE! I love that he came up with that, and realized it was working!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...