
{picture from a few Sundays ago.}
Here, I'll prove it:
The Good:
-Jack waking me up the other morning by singing "I Love to See the Temple" and asking me to sing it with him.
-My soon-to-be-sister-in-law having me try on a bridesmaid dress that I LOVED. (It's from Banana Republic. The girl has awesome taste.)
-Finding a darling pair of little springtime sneakers at Payless for $3.
-Laughing and talking about memories over breakfast the other morning with Kurt.
-Renting the book 365 TV-Free Activities to do With your Child from the library.
-Having a free subscription to Parenting Magazine thanks to my sister-in-law and getting my first issue in the mail this month.
-Kurt grilling some mean burgers the other night for dinner...and then cleaning it all up afterward.
-Finally cleaning our laundry room. I actually kind of enjoy going in there now.
The Not-So-Good:
-Jack spilling an entire glass of ice cold water all over my lap at Fuddruckers. (Does anyone else hate saying that name?)
-Forgetting one of my grocery bags at Walmart. It's because of those stupid turn table things they use for their plastic bags! I always feel like I'm forgetting a bag and then lo and behold I did actually forget one. And it was the one with all the baby food. I was way bugged. Why can't they just have baggers like they used to?
-Stubbing my toe SO hard and maybe saying a not so good word under my breath. Oh and it was right before going out the door for church. Sweet.
-The UPS delivery man banging on the door as if his life depended on it - during the boys' NAPS! Grrrr...
-Not being able to find the TV remote anywhere all morning so the TV was stuck on Sportscenter. Then I randomly found it in the diaper bag. What the ?....
The Funny:
-Pretty much any conversation I have with Jack lately. Some recent examples:
Me: "Jack do you want some breakfast?"
J: "I can't right now, mom, I'm exercising with Dad. Maybe tomorrow."
J: "Mom, bums get poops out."
Me: "Yep. They do."
Me: "How are you feeling, sweety?"
J: {long sigh} "Not very good. I think I have a fever. I think it's time for my nap."
J: {pretending to be on the phone} "No way! You are KIDDING me!!"
The just plain awkward:
- A girl in my sewing class announcing to everyone that she thinks the word diarrhea is pretty. Ummm....okay?.....
-The window by our kitchen table that people always walk by while we're eating. And then having eye contact with them mid-bite.
-Having to stay late at school and being the only other one in the room while the T.A. and a boy in my class totally flirted up a storm. Yep, just the three of us in there. So awkward.
5 comments:
This makes me laugh...I need to see the boys.
I laughed out loud. You are the second Erma Bombeck and should write a column.
okay this is hilarious, I read it to amanda because i thought it was so funny!
This post is hilarious! I absolutely HATE it when the UPS guy rings the doorbell or bangs on the door during naptime. Can't they just leave the package on the doorstep?
And the Jack quotes are too adorable :)
ha ha ha. "yes they do"
also, fun that you are in a sewing class. where do you go to take it? i just have tutoring sessions with my mama whenever i;m in town, but it would be nice to do more when i'm not under her supervision.
Post a Comment