Remember how I said I was going to do that 30 for 30 thing? Well it starts this Tuesday. And here are my 30 picks, folks! You'll probably notice very quickly that I'm a little obsessed with Forever 21. Yes, it's my favorite. However, last time I went shopping this young chick working there called me ma'am. I pretty much wanted to punch her in the face. I'm only 24 people! Geez. Plus she was wearing jeggings. Which in my opinion are the weirdest invention ever. Okay, sorry, here we go...

1. Black Turtleneck/Forever 21
2. Taupe Sweater/Forever 21
3. Olive Sweater/Forever 21
4. Navy Striped Sweater/Forever 21

1. Blue Striped/Nordstrom Rack
2. Plain White/H&M
3. Red Plaid Ruffle/JCPenney
4. Cowgirl/Little Boutique at Gardner Village
5. Mustard/JCPenney
6. Denim/JCPenney

1. Boyfriend Blazer/Forever 21
2. Denim Jacket/can't remember...had it since 9th grade
3. Cream Cardigan/Forever 21
4. Yellow Cardigan/Gap

1. Blue Silk Top/Forever 21
2. White Longsleeve Tee/Downeast
3. Red Crochet Tank/Forever 21
4. Lime Longsleeve Tee/Old Navy
5. Purple Ruffel/JCPenney

1. Denim Skinnies/Target
2. Dark Denim Skinnies/Forever 21
3. Black Skinnies/Forever 21
4. Khaki Trousers/Target
5. Tweed Skirt/Ann Taylor LOFT

1. Cognac Boots/Nordstrom
2. Gray Suede Boots/Payless
3. Black Pumps/Payless
4. Cognac Heels/Target
5. Brown Heels/Journeys
6. Black Flats/Nordstrom
A few side notes about my picks:
1. It was harder than I thought to narrow it down to 30. I learned quickly that I needed to pick pieces that could be worn lots of different ways. If I couldn't picture in my head at least 3 different ways to wear a certain item, I didn't choose it.
2. These were all things that I already owned. The whole point of this is to learn to shop your closet and remix what you already have.
3. Several of these choices I have owned for SO long! (as in 6+ years) It just goes to show that investing in classics really pays off. I'll go into more detail about this as I post my outfits throughout the next 30 days.
4. There are FOUR Sundays during this challenge, but did you notice I only chose ONE skirt? Yep, I'm going to wear that sucker four different times and make four totally different outfits from it. BAM!
Wish me luck.
11 comments:
Marie - very cool!! You will have to give us an update when you finish. I loved seeing your choices! PS - I remember very clearly the first time someone called me Ma'am - I was so stunned it took me 30 seconds to answer, it was seriously awkward . . . Now I am an old woman and used to it:)
I am so excited for you doing this! I was so close to doing it too. But I was too late. My sister Melody is doing it!!
BTW- I love the new layout :)
Ummm, Awesome. I don't know if I have 30 pieces I could use! My closet is really struggling. I plan on being inspired...:)no pressure
Oh, and I love those cognac boots. jealous!
love your picks!! :)
Hey! Just found your blog, and I love your picks! I'm a new follower and I can't wait to see what outfits you'll be coming up with. :)
And your two boys are just TOO adorable.
looks like you've picked some great pieces! I love the bold stripes and the mustard top! time to get remixing!
looks so fun! I am going to have to shop at forever 21 more now. They didn't have one in medford oregon but now that I'm in cali I am definitely going to shop there!
Okay, I am going to start shopping your closet. I see many fab mix and matches.
Great picks! I'm remixing too :)
Good luck and happy remixing. Your picks are fab! Especially the tops, great colors.
Girlf.
I've always loved the way your style is and I'm so impressed not all your clothes are from top dollar stores because you totally look fabulous everyday!
So impressed. As usual. Cant wait for a play date... One day!!!
Post a Comment