Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day #2 + some darn cute matching hats

Don't let the sunny warmness of this picture deceive you. We are enduring some kind of arctic blast out here. FREEZING I tell you. I bundled the boys up like two little eskimos this morning to drive Kurt to the train. I might have gone a little overboard, though, because it only took us like 20 seconds to get them to the car and after that they were sweating. But hey, I'd rather have them be sweating than freezing. {The only way I got Jack to let me put all those layers on him was telling him that it was colder than the North Pole outside.} It's weird to think this still isn't even close to how cold it got when we lived in Columbus. Those were the days of walking outside and BAM!-your nose hairs are instantly frozen.

Speaking of cold weather, check out these adorable matching beanies my mom knitted for the boys! The little stinkers wouldn't hold still. Didn't she do such a great job?! If you think she's good at knitting, she's even better at organizing. Check out her organizing blog!

By the way, this navy striped sweater I'm wearing is what I bought at Forever 21 when that girl called me ma'am.

Still a little bitter about it I am.

Hey that rhymed!


14 comments:

Brittany-Trends250 said...

such a cute outfit! i love the yellow underneath.

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit! The pop of color is great.

Ebony Arwen said...

I had to come here after seeing your blog in the 30x30 list - Brown Eyed Girl is one of my favourite songs :) I'm glad I did. I love that navy sweater. Looks great with the yellow top and brown boots.

And your kiddy pics are making me clucky *sigh* You have a gorgeous family.

-Emily- said...

loving the stripes! I def need to check out the organizing blog....like immediately.

acutely cherished said...

Seriously so cute! I love your style!!

acutely cherished said...

oh, and i forgot to comment about the cold... so true about ohio cold air!!!! haha

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

So, I'm thinking you should stop by my house some time and give me some fashion advise. Cause you look great!

Marlies said...

Okay LOVE this outfit! So cute! And gosh those hats are adorable!

rach & scott said...

I get called ma'am pretty much everyday in the South:)... haha. It does kind of make you feel old at first. Scott was chastised once for not calling a lady ma'am on a bus. So funny how different places are, eh?

I love those boots!! This is so fun to see you dress up every day... is it bad that it makes me want to go shopping instead of try to mix up what I already have;)?

Nadine said...

Can't decide which is cuter, the boys in their matching hats (way to go Grandma Jane Anne) or you in your classy put-together outfit. Also loved day one and can't way for day three.

K said...

Ahh! your kids are waaay too cute. And I love this outfit! :)

Cydney said...

Love this! And those boys and their beanies are just adorable!

Emerald said...

I'm really loving the brown boots and stripes! You are winter and spring ready!!

Sarah said...

Love the yellow and stripe combo!

http://mycheapweddingshoes.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...