Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day #3 + onion eye

On the days that I have school I try to make dinner earlier in the day so it's all ready when Kurt gets home from work and I have to run out the door to class. On Monday it was sloppy joes. And I made a big mistake. I cut up the green pepper. I cut up the onion. I added the tomato sauce, the brown sugar, the vinegar, etc.... Then I got a bad case of mommy brain which I do so often these days and I forgot to wash my hands. Then I left the kitchen to go put my contacts in so I could see. Then I put one in. Then I instantly felt like my eyeball was on fire and was going to burst into flames in that very instant. Then I remembered the onion and my big mistake of not washing my hands. It hurt like the dickens! Lesson learned. At least the sloppy joes were good.

Do you like this crochet sweater tank vest thingy? I had to show you the back because it's my favorite part. And the whole reason I bought it actually. I bought it on black friday last year - the only black friday I've ever gone shopping in my whole life. (I used to work retail and vowed I would never go shopping on that day.) I went with my mom and sister to Forever 21 and when I saw it I was instantly in love. The best part, though, was when I tried it on and my mom was like, "Wait, it's on backwards." and my sister and I cracked up. That was such a fun day.


13 comments:

K said...

HAHA, wearing it backwards.

The crochet pattern is awesome. I would have had no clue how to wear it, but I really like what you did! Super cute!

K said...

ps. your burger king ephiany post's link on the sidebar is broken!! :( It has an extra http// in there.

Marlies said...

"This is an XL!"
"No Mom that is 21 in roman numerals."

hahhaah that was a fun day!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit! I totally want to borrow this thingy okay?

Danett said...

LOVE this outfit.... super cute and OH SURPRISE with a fun back!

Jane Anne said...

XXL - It looked like XXL not XXI! yes, I said that too...and you two almost had an accident laughing at me:). Marlies was sitting on the floor and other shoppers were staring - ha ha.

mk said...

i actually really love the crocheted top, i want one! :)

www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

rach & scott said...

such a cool vest! Love the crochet and the color. And I'm still lovin' those boots.

Simply Bubblelicious said...

Very cute vest, love that crochet detail! Happy Friday.

Jenni said...

Love that crochet! I bought a tunic from F21 with a similar back a while ago - I've been saving it for summer, but maybe after the challenge I'll layer it!

BiblioMOMia said...

You're the 3rd person I've seen with a mom story today! Too cute--my mom was on my mind for my outfit today, too (or more specifically, what she'd have to say about it...)

It's a great shirt, and I love how you put it over a crisp buttondown. I think most people would just stick a tank under it, and the shirt is SO much more interesting. (Although it will be great with tanks in the summer...)

Good luck!

Jenn said...

Your crochet sweater is awesome. I love it. And funny enough when I first bought one like that(a long time ago... when I was very uncool) I actually wore it backwards until I saw where the tag was. Duh.

Linley said...

what a gorgeous detail in the back!! love the red with the cognac boots!! such a great pair!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine if you flipped that thing around?

Love the color combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...