Remember this post? Well, I feel like many more things have happened in my life lately that could be categorized under those four topics once again. So here we go again with The Good, The Not-So-Good, The Funny, and the Just Plain Awkward!
The Good:
**Doing laundry and randomly finding a binky buried in the pile of clothes. Those things are like gold! I'd seriously rather find a binky in my pocket than money. You moms get it, right?
**The 25th anniversary special of Les Miserables that was on PBS a couple weeks ago. I seriously had chills the entire time. Pretty sure I cried a couple times, too. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
**Seeing a really old lady at the library rocking some high heels and skinny jeans and telling Kurt that's what I want to look like when I'm old :)
**Finally cleaning out the car! It was starting to look like a garbage can on wheels.....
**The fact that whenever we take Kurt to the train in the mornings, I always (always!) end up laughing so hard at something. Maybe things are just extra funny in the mornings, I don't know. But it's always a good way to start the day.
**The bakery at Walmart.
**The doughnuts from the bakery at Walmart.
**The conversation I had with Kurt about how the doughnuts from the bakery at Walmart are the most perfect food in the entire world and we could eat them all day....and we sometimes do.
The Not-So-Good:
**The diaper bag. It's disgusting. I desperately need a new one.
**Having the sensation the other night that I needed to sneeze, but I could not - for the life of me! - sneeze dangit!!
**Accidentally beheading my baby's stuffed dog that he sleeps with! I picked it up and the head totally popped off. What the...?!?! I don't know who was more traumatized - him or me.
**This cold/windy weather. We've had a few sneak peeks of spring (see pictures above), but it's still not quite there yet.
**Working so hard on my current sewing project for school (a shirt) but then my teacher making me unpick the entire collar and re-sew it on. I wanted to cry. And then punch her in the face.
**Jimmer and the rest of the Cougars losing last night :(
The Funny:
**Jack climbing up to try the monkey bars and he says to me, "Now, Mom. Don't get nervous."
**Then I'm pushing him on the swing when all of a sudden he screams at the top of his lunghs, "MOM STOP!!!!!!!!" It freaked me out, I thought he was hurt, until he finished his sentence with, "I GOTTA SCRATCH MY NOSE!!!!!"
**I wake up one morning. It's still dark outside. I'm lying in bed. I hear a little voice in the kitchen singing a song about...sloppy joes? I go out and see that Jack has poured a whole variety of things into a pan and is stirring it all together claiming that he is making sloppy joes. A huge mess, but the funniest way to start my day.
**Vacuuming with Jack riding on my back. Hard work, but hilarious. We were both laughing :)
**The fact that I literally said a little prayer in my head before going into Walmart the other day asking that I wouldn't see anyone that I knew because I looked so awful that day.
The Just Plain Awkward!!
**Picking Kurt up from the train on St. Patricks Day and seeing not one, but TWO different men get off the train wearing green kilts. Perhaps this belongs in the funny column?.....wait....no.....it was definitely awkward.
**Going to the store to get some fabric for a sewing project and asking the old woman helping me how her day was going. To which she responded very angrily, "Not good! I'm sick and tired of cleaning up everyone else's messes!" Ummmmmm......okay I really don't know what to say to you right now......
Good night :)
6 comments:
Oh my goodness. So funny. I love your outlook on life:-) xoxo
haha! i liked this! Sooo glad you got the book, i was getting worried! :)x
This was fun to read! I'm going to try the Walmart bakery! :)
lots of good funny. and lots of awkward funny.
here's a gross one for you. once time i found old poop in my kids laundry hamper. apparently someone was hiding an accident. but not very well.
This is so so cute!
xoxo,
colormenana.blogspot.com
Hah!! Jack is hilarious! I love the "MOM STOP!" I can only imagine what you were thinking . . . only to find that he had an itchy nose. :) So cute. I think we once talked about how we do that to our husbands . . . they are driving and all the sudden we GASP!! "I forgot my lipgloss!!" Oh, and Olivia should not still be using binkys - but she is - and I UNDERSTAND what a treasure they are to find - I found 2 in the bathtub of her dollhouse yesterday and you would have thought I'd discovered a $50 dollar bill.
Post a Comment