
Today I am 25.

That's half way to 50. Wierd, huh?
I was lucky enough to spend my birthday morning at the most wonderful, exciting, happiest place in the world...
The DMV.
Not just the DMV, but in a huge long line at the DMV. Awesome! My license expired today and being the huge procrastinator that I am, I waited until the very last minute to renew it. There was this Chinese lady taking the test next to me with a HUGE book on her lap of what looked like a Chinese translation of a Utah driver's manual. She was sooooo loud and kept punching the computer screen angrily and shouting out in Chinese. I felt bad for her, but at the same time it was so hard for me not to bust up laughing.
p.s. I passed with 21/25. Wahoo!
My 17 year old brother, Mitch, watched the boys for me while I was gone and when I got home they surprised me with a mini-surprise party complete with a sign and homemade party hats. HOW CUTE IS HE? I totally thought he forgot my birthday because he didn't say anything to me before I left. (According to him this was all part of his plan.) I was completely surprised and it really did just make my day. He's a stud.
My soon-to-be-sister-in-law (very soon...as in this Thursday) stopped by unexpectedly and gave me a beautiful Gerber daisy. My sister Marlies wrote me the sweetest note. My parents and grandmas got me the most amazing diaper bag ever...I AM IN LOVE WITH IT! My mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law gave me my favorite thing...the gift of shopping, i.e. gift cards to Target and Forever 21 :) And my sweetheart of a husband surprised me with a couple things I've been wanting for a while....a full length mirror and an eye-shadow book by e.l.f. (I swear I'm married to the best listener in the world. I only briefly mentioned wanting these things and he totally remembered. He's always so thoughtful and I love him.)
Oh and THIS little guy's big day is coming up on Wednesday!......

I am such a lucky girl.
Bring it on, 25! Let's see whatcha got.

2 comments:
That's an amazing photographer!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm glad you had such a great birthday!
Post a Comment