
My favorite thing is when I get home from school at night and Kurt pulls out his phone to show me cute pictures he took of the boys while I was gone, like the ones above.
So, yes, I am still plugging along at school. I do love that I went back. I love that I have this opportunity to earn my college degree. I love that I'm studying the family and I get to take these wonderful classes all about the home and how I can be a better parent to my growing children. Any time I am tired of going to class at night (or feel old sitting next to someone who graduated high school in 2010....I know, weird, huh?!?) I just remind myself how lucky I am to have this opportunity and how exciting it will be to accomplish this goal that I have had for so long.
Having said that.....I AM, however, excited for the day when I don't have to worry about school or being prepared for class 3 times a week anymore. I have this mental "to-do" list of things I am excited to spend my time on when I am finally finished with school (next April) and I don't have to worry about studying for a test or writing a paper.
Here it is:
* BE A BETTER MOM. What I mean is, I tend to always have school on the brain. It will be so nice not to have that distraction so I can truly give my whole attention to the boys. (Although, I know that there will always be something distracting me, even when school is over. But I won't have due dates or homework, ya know?) I just want to be the absolute best mom I can be. I hate to say things like "when this is over I'll have time for...." but in some ways it's a little bit true I think, right??.....especially with finishing school.
* Learn - REALLY learn - how to use my new camera. It has so much potential...I just need to read the manual and figure it all out.
* Play the piano again!!! I miss it desperately.
* Sew!! The sewing class I took last semester was, by far, my most favorite class ever at BYU. I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to really practice and have time to make some cute clothes.
But anyway, like I said, I really love being back in school, and I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I went back and I only have 1 year left. I recognize how lucky I am and I appreciate every minute of this opportunity. It will be over so fast and then I will have plenty of time to check things off my mental to-do list. Until then, I'll just keep enjoying more pictures of the boys on Kurt's phone :)
* BE A BETTER MOM. What I mean is, I tend to always have school on the brain. It will be so nice not to have that distraction so I can truly give my whole attention to the boys. (Although, I know that there will always be something distracting me, even when school is over. But I won't have due dates or homework, ya know?) I just want to be the absolute best mom I can be. I hate to say things like "when this is over I'll have time for...." but in some ways it's a little bit true I think, right??.....especially with finishing school.
* Learn - REALLY learn - how to use my new camera. It has so much potential...I just need to read the manual and figure it all out.
* Play the piano again!!! I miss it desperately.
* Sew!! The sewing class I took last semester was, by far, my most favorite class ever at BYU. I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to really practice and have time to make some cute clothes.
*Cook better dinners. I really don't enjoy cooking all that much, and I think it's because I don't think I'm good at it. (Another reason I think is that the kitchen in our apartment is super small and gets so dirty so fast and I just don't like spending much time there.) But nonetheless, I want to spend more time cooking yummy dinners for my boys and develop a big book of all my favorite recipes. When I don't have to worry about school anymore, I'm excited to try out some new recipes and hopefully get better at cooking....and maybe even enjoy it a little :) I think another part of this goal is learning the art of "couponing", which is something else I think I would like to learn more about.
*SING again! And possibly take lessons again??....
But anyway, like I said, I really love being back in school, and I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I went back and I only have 1 year left. I recognize how lucky I am and I appreciate every minute of this opportunity. It will be over so fast and then I will have plenty of time to check things off my mental to-do list. Until then, I'll just keep enjoying more pictures of the boys on Kurt's phone :)
1 comment:
I think it is so great that you're finishing your degree. What a better momma you'll be for what you are learning! You are so good at the piano. I always loved hearing you play. I am glad that playing it again is on your mental check list. As always you and your family is darling!
Post a Comment