Monday, July 18, 2011

recently.


A recent exchange I had with Jack on a particularly difficult day:

Me: "Jack, how many times do I have to tell you not to hit your brother?"

Jack: (without missing a beat) "Eighteen."

By the end of this particularly difficult day I had most definitely made it to 18 times.

Oh wait, I'm sorry....I meant 18,000 times.

Yes, that's what I meant.

It's a good thing he says such funny things to keep me laughing. Although, I am learning fast that he repeats everything. He is seriously like a sponge and just soaks in whatever we say and then repeats it back at us later.
Like today when I was getting him dressed and I was losing patience because he wouldn't stand still for me. He looked at me and said ever so innocently:

"Mom, you need to stop whining."

Thank you Jack.


He also takes it upon himself to remind me to wait patiently for things. Whether it be waiting for a green light, or our turn in the checkout line at Walmart. He'll say quite profoundly:

"Mom, you need to wait PATIENTLY."

Once again, thank you Jack.

I love that crazy kid. More than I can even say.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

such sweet pictures of your boys! ha ha and Jack what a funny little guy. You probably realize really quick to watch everything you say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...