
{I don't just call him "sweet Sammy" because it sounds good. He is literally the epitome of sweetness and I think I will forever call him that for the rest of my life}
We saw the doc yesterday for the little one's 15 month appointment. It's crazy to think he is considered a toddler now. Yikes. He's doing (and growing) fabulously and he just stared at the doctor with those big brown eyes the entire time. Oh but I hate seeing him cry when he gets shots. He just lies there so sweet and curious, then he turns all purple and screams. It is always at this point that I want to punch the nurse in the face.
Can I just say, though, that I am pretty darn proud of myself? I have come a really long way since first becoming a mother a few years ago. I would literally have panic attacks when we would take Jack to the doctor. I say "we" because I would have Kurt come with me every time. I didn't dare go alone...mostly because I had major anxiety about watching my baby get shots so I would need Kurt there with me (don't judge!).
Well, I've had to grow up a lot since then. Kurt works now so he can't come with me to appointments so I've had to learn to just be brave. It is not any easier for me to see them get shots now, but I have toughened up a lot and have learned to just step up and get done what needs to be done. And yesterday I was there with both boys all by myself like a big girl :) haha. yes, I'm a dork.
Sam's stats for those who care:
Height: 31 1/2" (60th %)
Weight: 21 lbs 11 oz (20th %)
Head: 49 cm (90th %)
And some fun facts about Sam at 15 months:
-He is obsessed with shoes! Wearing them, I mean. He will find his shoes, bring them to me, sit down in front of me and wait for me to put them on him. Then he'll wear them the rest of the day even if we're inside all day. My favorite is when he walks around all day wearing shoes but no pants :)
- His first word was "ball", which makes sense because he loves them. He also says "mama" and occasionally "dada" but not much else. Instead, he just points and makes cute sounds until you give him what he wants. I can tell he understands a lot more than he verbalizes, though. Like he nods his head for "yes" and shakes it for "no". And if you say, "where's mom/dad/jack?" he can point to the right person.
-He walks (and almost runs!) like a pro. It is probably the cutest dang thing and makes me laugh out loud when I watch him toddle around.
-He is constantly eating. He loves loves LOVES to eat. Oh and he is addicted to otter pops - he'll point to the freezer all day long because he knows that's where they are!
-GREAT sleeper! (98% of the time) I am so thankful for this.
-His nickname is "shugars" (pronouced like sugar) or "shugies" or"shugs". I don't know how we came up with it, but Kurt started calling him this when he was a tiny baby and it just stuck. Even Jack calls him by this.
I love you like crazy, my sweet Sammy boy!
p.s...
I usually have my mom watch Jack during Sam's appointments but I thought I'd bring him along this time. I don't think I ever documented the beyond awful experience of Jack's 3 year checkup. It was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. However I felt it had been long enough since that bad experience that it might be good for him to come along and observe a doctor's appointment that wasn't for him. He did great! I'm hoping I can bring him to Sam's 18 month in October, too, and then he'll be all geared up for his own 4 year checkup in December....hopefully that one will be tantrum free. (already praying for it.....)
1 comment:
oh Marie - I hate those too and you are not a baby. It's so sad to see your babies scream like that especially because they usually done't know what's coming! :( Way to be strong and resist punching the nurse. ha ha. What a great little discovery that little lake! How cool is that? I think it'd be fun having a playdate and I think Everett would like it too. He really does love being around other kids. p.s. what a cute picture of Sammy. I love those eyes.
Post a Comment