Today is the first day that really feels like fall to me. It's raining and chilly outside - cozy and warm on the inside.
At first I was hesitant to say goodbye to the hot summer months, but I think I'm officially ready now.
So....goodbye summer 2011!

You served me well.
I'll miss your blazing sunshine and your refreshing afternoons at the pool.
I'll miss being able to take an impromptu drive to the lake after dinner.
I'll miss lathering up the boys with sunscreen and then watching them run half naked through water fountains.
I'll miss the watermelon, the popsicles, the bare feet, and the daylight that seems to last forever.
Yes, I will miss all those things.
But there is change in the air!
And I'm ready now for the crisp weather, the beautiful colors on the mountain outside my window, the carameled apples, and my favorite pumpkin-spice candle.
Yummy.
2 comments:
Isn't fall the best? I love myself some fall leaves, carameled apples, and pumkin-spiced candles too (not together...:) Great post.
Mmm. I wish I had a pumpkin spice candle. That sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment