Saturday, October 6, 2012

3 months. and really early mornings.

(No, that is not Jack.  Hard to believe, I know.)

This week I took the kids to "music time" at the church with some other moms.
(Okay wait...Can we please pause for a moment?  I think I deserve some applause.  Taking all 3 kids out takes some major energy/motivation/bravery.  Thank you...thank you...thank you...)
Anyway...
There was another mother there who had a 5 week old baby.  First of all, let me remind you that everyone always comments on how small Nora is.  Tiny, petite, "light as a feather", "my babies were NEVER that little!"....I hear everything.  I have just always been convinced that she is the tiniest thing on earth - until I see this little 5 week old and all of a sudden my baby girl looked.....BIG.  It was so weird.  I didn't realize how much bigger she had gotten.
And it made my heart hurt a little.
Ugh....why why WHY does it go so fast?  Why is it that the moment they are born time just speeds up?  You blink...and all of a sudden they're 3 months old and they don't look like that tiny newborn anymore.  And WHY do I continue to be surprised by this?  I have 3 kids, I should be used to it by now!  But I don't think I will EVER be used to it.
Nora...to celebrate turning 3 months old, you decided to be wide awake at 5:30 in the morning.  Daddy and the boys were sound asleep so you and I just stayed in your little bedroom and cuddled in the rocking chair together.  With only the light of my cell phone we did that for about an hour until finally you dozed back off at 6:30.  And...of course...that's when your crazy early bird brothers decided to wake up.
I love love LOVE you, baby girl.

1 comment:

rach & scott said...

Are you sure she is 3 months;)?!! I keep thinking you just had her. It really does fly by way to fast! Wish we had a 'pause life' button. She is so cute, and so Jack.
p.s. I for sure applaud you for taking 3 kids out!! Seriously. I barely make it to things with one, and i am for sure not on time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...