Saturday, March 9, 2013

president's day...then & now.

Oh my goodness, LOOK at this picture of us, haha!  I swear we look 12.
This was our trip to San Francisco over President's Day weekend in 2005 when we were dating. 

I remember sitting in my American Heritage lab at BYU, feeling sooooo cool.  My TA had just asked if anyone was going anywhere for President's day weekend and I got to raise my hand and say I was going to San Francisco with my.....ahem.....boyfriend.  
Oh yeah.  My boyfriend.  I was so super cool ;)

Kurt is originally from the Bay Area and invited me to drive out to CA with him for the long holiday weekend.  I had so much fun and met a lot of his family for the first time

Fast forward 8 years.  Who would've thought we'd be living in the same place that we visited that weekend.....now married.....with 3 kids.

Crazy.

President's day was a few weeks ago, so we drove down to Monterey and spent the day at San Carlos beach.  (It's usually so chilly when we go to Monterey, but this time we were pleasantly surprised with how nice the weather was!)

The boys had a blast - and I had so much fun watching them.
Not to get to cheesy or anything, but while we were at the beach I found myself thinking a lot about that first trip together - exactly 8 years earlier - and just how far we've come!
When Kurt looked at these pictures of the kids he said, "Oh my gosh!  Look what we MADE!"

Haha! :) My thoughts exactly.

4 comments:

Liz Hopkins said...

Oh my gosh Marie. You two look so young! I love that you're back here and enjoying life in the bay area! Darling pictures!!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Love this post! So glad you are living out here too! Sounds like it was a perfect weekend! Now I really want to go to the beach. :)

Anonymous said...

You have come a long way baby!
And baby, and baby and baby

rach & scott said...

Haha! I love this. You guys do look super young! Kurt looks like a missionary. Its been a great 8 years:). And look at those cute babies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...