Friday, December 6, 2013

holy cow, the boy is 6!

It's always fun to take a little break from all the Christmas decorating each year and decorate for a birthday instead!
My first baby - my Christmastime baby - turned 6 and I really just can't even believe it.
He was up before the sun (as usual) and excitedly opened his presents that were so awesomely wrapped in Superman paper :)
(By the way, what 6 year old boy asks for a pencil sharpener for a gift?  Jack, that's who.  We got him one of those old school ones that you bolt on the wall and crank.  Remember those from school?  They are the best!)
The art easel was a surprise and he loved it.

His birthday fell on a Friday this year, which is the day I volunteer in his Kindergarten classroom, so that was fun to get to see him at school on his special day.
His teacher had given him a birthday crown and he was wearing it with pride :)
And of course that night we sang to him and had birthday cake together as a family.
My favorite part of the day, though, was when he was about to head off to school that afternoon.
I bundled him up, snapped a few pictures of his cute face, and watched him walk outside to wait for the bus.
I had a little moment to myself where I couldn't believe I gave birth to him 6 years ago, when it really feels like it was just yesterday.
As he walked down our front porch steps, I said, "Happy Birthday buddy!  I love you!"
He turned his head back to me with a huge grin on his face and said,
"Mom, I farted."
I had to laugh out loud.  That is so typical Jack.  Snapping me out of my special little moment with a farting comment.
He walked a few more steps, then turned around with an even bigger grin and stated,
"Mom I farted AGAIN."
Oh Jack, thank you for always keeping me laughing.  Happy Birthday bud.  I love you!

1 comment:

rach & scott said...

I can't believe he is 6, either! Holy cow! And I LOVE that he asked for a pencil sharpener. Hahaha! So cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...