Friday, February 14, 2014

a very typical day that also happened to be valentines day.

{my handsome valentine being a fun dad, as usual.}

Valentines Day this year was so great.
Not because of the holiday itself, but because my day was just one of those days where I felt
like I might have done an okay job of being a mom.
I am not perfect, and my day was not glamorous by any means.
But at the end of the day, I felt like if a hidden camera had followed me around that day, it would have really captured what motherhood is all about, and what a typical day in MY life is really all about.
It just felt like a very real "mom day."
I had good moments where I stayed patient, and I had bad moments where I didn't (and then felt horrible after).
There were pink heart-shaped waffles for breakfast (except for Sam who wanted a "normal" waffle).  There was playing hide and go seek with the kids.  Tickle fights.  Taping treats to valentines for school parties.  Trying to brush my teeth and get myself ready.  (I am able to - somewhat - but it takes the whole morning because I keep getting interrupted. Ha.)  Wiping bums. Cleaning dishes.  Realizing I haven't had breakfast and it's past 10 AM.  Making beds.  Holding crying Nora.  Holding crying Sam.  Holding crying Jack.  Breaking up fights.  Heart-shaped sandwiches for lunch.  Making homemade valentines with the boys for a few neighbors.  Putting Nora down for a nap.  Taking a break on the couch in the middle of the day and almost falling asleep sitting up (seriously that happened). Wiping sticky fingers from all the valentine candy.  Laughing out loud at the most hilarious things my boys say.  Running out the door like a crazy lady to remind Jack to give his bus driver his valentine (people stared).  Duck Duck Goose before dad gets home.  Homemade "love bread" for dinner.  Being old-school and delievering valentines to neighbors as a family that night.
Baths.  Brushing teeth.  Jammies.  Prayers and singing before bed.
***Silence……finally……****
Cleaning the kitchen and doing dishes side by side with Kurt (by hand….broken dishwasher….ugh…) after the kids are in bed.  
Happy Valentines Day.
xoxo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!! What a happy love day full of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...