I'm not sure what possessed us to attempt hiking the Y with our 2, 4, and 6 year old a few weeks ago.
Maybe it's because we have a perfect view of Y mountain from our house and seeing it everyday for the past year made us want to hike up there?...
Or maybe we're just crazy. Yeah that's probably it.
But we did it! And we made it to the very top!
I was beyond impressed with the boys, and so proud of them. Sam especially surprised us by practically running up the mountain at parts.
(I was about 18 weeks pregnant at the time, so I was pretty proud of myself, too…)
Kurt gave them a great talk about doing hard things and how good it feels to accomplish something you work hard for.
I don't know how much that lesson really sunk in, though. By the end both boys were pretty grumpy and upset.
I think these quotes pretty much sum up how they felt about the whole ordeal:
Jack: (collapsing on the ground) "Why oh WHYYYYY did I agree to do this??!!!"
Sam: (on the way down) "I hate this mountain. I am never doing this again. When we get home I am drawing a picture of a mountain and then crossing it off. "
Haha. Needless to say, we probably won't be doing this again for a looooooong time.









We indulged in a well-deserved reward afterward :)
{see our last hiking the Y adventure here}





1 comment:
I'm amazed you all made it up! Hiking with kids (actually hiking up hills!) is so tough. It will be something they'll never forget. Way to go!
Post a Comment