Sunday, November 23, 2014

a huge change of mind

Those who know us know we have never found out the gender of our babies before they were born.
Most people call us crazy, but we simply love the element of surprise.
This has been the plan all along with baby #4, too.
Until……
One morning I woke up and totally surprised myself by changing my mind.
Totally unexpected and unlike me, but I decided I wanted to know if the little kicker inside was a girl or boy.
What??!?!?
I figured I've already experienced being surprised 3 times now.  And what if this is my last baby?  I would have never experienced knowing the sex beforehand and how that feels! 
Luckily hubby was on board, so - at nearly 30 weeks pregnant - I called the ultrasound place and asked if they could mail us the results from my 20 week ultrasound that I had several weeks earlier.
I checked the mail the next day….
and the next….
and the next.
Nothing!  I was dying.
So I called back and asked if they could e-mail me instead.  Which they did….that very second.
That night after the kids were in bed Kurt and I recorded ourselves opening up the e-mail and finding out for the first time that we are having another SON!!!
The video is hilarious.  I'm so glad we have it to show our little guy someday.
Today after church I grabbed one of the many moving boxes that are still littering our house, and filled it with blue balloons to surprise the kids with the news of their new brother on the way.
They loved it!  (The balloons I mean…they didn't seem to care much about the actual news…)
And as for me, I'm still in shock.  I can't believe I am going to have three boys.
Get ready, new little baby boy!  This is one chaotic family you are coming to…

Oh!
PS…..
...this baby boy news is even more exciting now that we know my brother and his wife are expecting a boy, too!  Hooray for baby boys, and hooray for a cousin on MY side of the family…finally!!

1 comment:

Kamae said...

Yay for finding out (and for boys!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...