Saturday, December 6, 2014

and then he was seven

I first started this blog 7 years ago when Jack was born and I became a mother.
My first post was me introducing my new baby to the world, yet I still didn't even know him myself.
At that time, thinking of him as a seven year old seemed lightyears away.
But I had no idea that 7 years would go by in the the blink of an eye.  THE BLINK OF AN EYE.
I didn't realize at the time that I would blink and all of a sudden have a tall, handsome, ridiculously smart, hilarious, athletic, competitive yet sensitive little boy….(who actually is more of a big kid now than a little boy.)
I didn't think he would ever lose his baby teeth, or go to school all day by himself, or be able to reach the microwave, or text his daddy from my phone, or read chapter books like a pro.
But here we are - a ridiculously fast 7 years later - and he is doing all those things….and so much more.
I love you more than I can say, my Jacky boy.
I know you better than anyone, and even on our hardest days together I still know you were meant to come to me.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for just being you.  And especially for being patient with me.
Happy Birthday dude.  I LOVE YOU!


(I think the highlight of Jack's birthday was riding Trax downtown that night and going to the BYU basketball game with his most favorite person on earth - his dad.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...