I give you a few little tidbits from this past week:
-This particular conversation:
Kurt: "Hey Sam, did you play with Sloane at school today?"
Sam: "No."
Kurt: "Did you sit by her?"
Sam: "No."
Kurt: "Did you talk to her?"
Sam: "No. I was more of the silent type today."
***
-The librarian at Jack's school is Mrs. Farrington, who also helps at the gate where we pick Jack up each day. She wasn't there one day this week and Sam asked concerned, "Wait, where's Mrs. Fairytale?"
***
-There was a blackout one morning this week, and once the lights came back on, Sam told me that he said a prayer.
Ahhh! Such a sweetheart.
(Another time this week we got on the topic of family trees, and heaven and dying, and he got some little tears in his eyes, but he claimed they were "happy tears".
Seriously. The most tender little heart.)
***
-Every night when I tuck Nora in, she wishes me Merry Christmas and then wishes herself happy birthday.
Every. Single. Night.
It goes a little something like this:
"Goo-night, mom. Mewwy Kwismus. Happy Buffday to me."
And of course I wish her a Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday right back. How can I not??!
***
-Another cute exchange:
Me: "Sam, you are getting so good at riding your bike!"
Sam: "I know mom. That's cuz I have skills."
(said with his awesome lisp, which makes it even better.)
***
HA!
Oh man. As nervous as I am about this baby coming, it's these funny/sweet/normal little everyday moments with my children that remind me it's going to be okay.
On another note, we're at 38 1/2 weeks, woot woot!
An unexpected sinus infection has slowed me down a bit…ugghhh….talk about bad timing.
I did get my pre-labor pedicure, however, so that's definitely a plus :)
Last time I was 38 weeks pregnant, we lived in CA and decided to take a day trip to Stinson Beach.
We ended up getting stuck in the WORST traffic for hours! I don't know how I survived sitting the car for that long being that pregnant.
I mean, I can barely roll out of bed in the mornings at this point!
(We did eventually make it, though, and it was very pretty)


1 comment:
Seriously, I am holding out for that Sam to marry Charlotte. Fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed! He is so stinkin cute!
Post a Comment