Sunday, August 23, 2015

Ten Years!

(^^the kiddies watching our wedding video, a tradition every year on our anniversary)

Ten years ago I thought that people who had been married for ten years were ANCIENT.  Like, they might as well have been dinosaurs I thought they were so old.

Well, now I've been married for ten years and I swear I am NOT old!  I swear I'm not!!  But I'm sure couples who are getting married today look at Kurt and me and think we're such oldies.  That is just so weird to me!  Perspective is a funny thing.

It's hard for me to put into words the feelings I've been having lately about celebrating this particular milestone.  How do you sum up a decade in just a few sentences?  I guess in a nutshell, this is how I'm feeling …. Ten years ago I didn't think I could ever be any more crazy about Kurt than I was that day I married him.  Now, a decade later (and as cliche as it sounds), not only am I still crazy about him, but I'm even more in love with him now.  He is not perfect, I am not perfect, and life is so not perfect.  But we've grown tremendously, learned so much about each other, and together we've come to realize that love is so much more than those giddy, twitter-pated feelings you have on your wedding day.  It's about respect and commitment and partnership and hard work and sacrifice and compromise and truly desiring happiness for one another.

Life goes so fast.  Yes, the days can be long but the years are so stinking short.  I swear I'll blink and we'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary.  It's crazy I tell ya!  But for now, I'm proud of where we are as a couple and I look forward to the years ahead and all that we are still going to learn together.

Here's to the next 10 years! ... (and 20 and 30 and 40…)
Happy Anniversary, love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...