Tuesday, December 29, 2015

another christmas come and gone...

If there was an "Earliest Time A Mother Has Been Woken Up On Christmas Morning" award, I would most definitely win it.

1:45 AM, people.

ONE-FORTY-FIVE IN THE MORNING!  There was my oldest child at my bedside, with his huge dimpled smile, bouncing up and down barely able to contain his excitement as he joyfully whispered over and over, "okay, okay, I'm ready, I'm ready!!"

I promptly sent him back to bed.

And then I promptly sent him back to bed again when he tried once more at 4:00.

We did finally make it down to the tree at 7:00 and had a lovely Christmas morning.  Santa came and the boys were especially excited to see that not only did he eat his cookies, but he also took the carrots they left out for the reindeer.  Because as Sam said on Christmas Eve, "They need a boost, too, ya know!"

Another Christmas come and gone.  I cannot believe it.  I love my children and will always cherish these memories of their sweet voices on Christmas morning.  We are in full-on believing mode right now and it is magical.  However, this year I really tried extra hard to remind them of the true meaning of Christmas, and about their Savior's birth.  I hope that at least one of our little chats sunk in and they remember the best gift they can give Him is to serve others.
Anyway, here's to another successful Holiday season.  Now it's time to clean up the mess because it's...drivin'...me...crazy!

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I love the note Santa left!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...