Friday, February 12, 2016

the day my son told me I looked like a hamburger. {and other funny things lately}

Sammy's exact quote before snapping the above photo and heading out to church a few Sundays ago:  "Uhh, Mom, you look like a hamburger.  Cuz your shirt is all mustard-ish and your lips are all ketchup-ish."

Thanks, bud.

*****

And a few other notable moments that have happened as of late...

Three year old Nora was wandering around the kitchen being super whiny as I was making Mac & Cheese for dinner.  (I was doing so one handed, mind you, and YES I occasionally make Mac & Cheese for dinner!  #reallife).  She complains, "Mooooom, is the Mac & Cheese ready YET??!!"
Me: (now literally at my wits' end)  "Okay Nora, STOP whining.  I am doing the best I can okay!?"
Nora: (without missing a beat) "Mom, I am not WHINING, I am DYING!!!!!"

Ugh.  Girl drama.

*****

Sammy was being so cute and snuggly.  He kept going on and on..."Mom, I just love you.  You're just so pretty mom.  I love you so much I want to snuggle with you forever, mom.....Ummm....WHOA, MOM!....that is a BIG zit on your face."  #reallife

*****

The husband got home from work one night and said (very kindly and innocently), "Wow!...your hair!.....It's..... like......combed!...."

Oh that poor man.  He was literally astonished to see my hair in a non-bun state.  In his defense, he really did mean this as a compliment.  There was zero offense taken.  In fact I, myself, was also quite astonished that I actually showered AND did my hair on a day that was not a Sunday.  BAM!  #reallife

*****

So let's sum up shall we?...
(1) I apparently look like a hamburger.
(2) I'm a proud member of the Moms Who Make Mac & Cheese For Dinner club.
(3) I'm also a proud member of the Moms Who are Dealing With Dramatic Three-Year-Old Daughters club.
(4) Zits.  And children who happily point out said zits.
(5) Aaaaaaand I'm pretty sure I deserve a medal for showering and combing my hair once this week.  Like really, can someone get on this?...

But you know what.... It's all good.  Because at the end of the day you find a picture on your phone that your 8 year old took without you knowing and you think, "Holy MOLY, not only is my hair combed but I am DRESSED.  Today was a success, people.  A success indeed."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha I love this post so much! And those funny kids of yours!

Kimberly Woodhead said...

Those kids make me laugh! And Jack took that picture without you knowing?! He's got talent!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...