Talk about fastest year of my life. (Do I say that with every kid? Yes, yes I do.) As of a few days ago, my sweet baby Willy has now been with us an entire year! Whaaaaaaaatt??!! Hard to imagine that only one year ago, I still didn't know who this sweet boy was, and now I can't imagine not having my chubby little buddy with me every day. He is a lot of work, and has given me more anxiety about his sleeping habits than all the other three kids combined. But he is truly a doll. He is soooo bashful and soooo cautious. If you are a stranger he will ward you off with some pretty evil dirty looks, but when he warms up he can give some of the sweetest cuddles known to man. Getting him dressed and changing his diaper are full on wrestling matches. He has two bottom teeth, and one (almost two!) top teeth, and has just barely started crawling. We enjoy calling him mostly Willy, but Will Diggity, Willers, and The Billers are also common :)
The poor guy was miserably sick on his first birthday, but I was able to get him to smile for a few pictures. He had to tag along to parent teacher conferences and pack meeting. Then by the time we got back home he was so tired and still feeling super crappy so his birthday cake had to be pushed to the next day. Plus he was probably mad about being dragged around everywhere on his birthday. Talk about fourth child problems.
The day after his birthday, we finally got around to the cake. He still didn't feel well at all and was upset and crying 2 seconds before these pictures were taken. The cake cheered him up for a few minutes. Poor guy! A birthday right int he middle of flu season is no fun.
And to top it all off, a few days later we cut off those luscious golden locks. Kurt had been itching to do it for weeks, but I made him wait until the little guy turned one. It was difficult for me, but it was time. A handful of people had already either called him a "her" or just straight up asked me if he was a boy or girl, so I did finally cave once he had his birthday. Luckily he was feeling quite a bit better by now so he handled the haircut pretty darn well. It was a very bittersweet moment. (Sidetone: these haircut pictures CRACK. ME. UP. for so many reasons. {insert laughing face emoticon} )
My sweet Willy Boy! We made it through the first year together! There were some nights I really wasn't so sure, but we did it! Love you more than I can say, you squishy little thing. Happy Birthday. xoxo.














3 comments:
OOOh! So sweet!! And squishy is exactly the word to describe your darling Willy. I love every expression you caught on camera, including cute Nora reflected in the mirror as Will is getting a haircut. It looks like she was helping entertain him. Marie, you and Kurt are such great parents. Your little ones are the BEST, the smartest, the most charming children. Pat yourselves on the back! XOXO
I LOVE that last shot of Will--what a handsome little man!
How has it been a year?! I can't imagine our life without that little man! Love him, love him!!
Post a Comment