Well, per usual, here is
my annual end-of-year round up of funny/sweet things from the kiddos from this
past year. 2017 was super stressful, but thanks to my cute little people
there were also lots of laughs and smiles :)
***
"Mom, I really think you need to take Oreos out
of your diet." - Jack
(Nope. Sorry son. NOT gonna happen.)
***
Jack saw Kurt kneeling down saying a prayer before he
left for work, so he went to his own room to say a prayer, too, and then told
me he's going to write a story to the Friend about it :)
***
Listening to Nora try to pronounce words that are
difficult for her is quite possibly my most favorite thing on earth right now.
Particularly, "pregnant markers" for "permanent
markers" (except it's more like "pwegnant mowkas"), and "cup-capes"
for "cupcakes." Also, despite her best efforts, she
literally could NOT stop pronouncing "hot pocket" as "hocket!"
She got sooo frustrated, poor thing :)
***
Apparently I'm pretty dramatic when I take my
multivitamin in the morning because Will started to violently throw his head
back (like he's swallowing a pill) every single time he takes a drink of water.
(In my defense, the vitamin I take is freaking huge.)
***
"I didn't know girls farted! Is it illegal?" -Sam
***
Jack was telling me about a Studio C skit where there
were some "hotties"...
Me: "What's a hottie?"
Jack: "Oh ya know, like what dad thought you
were in college."
***
Jack was filling out a paper for school and the
question was "What languages do you speak?" I noticed he
had already written down "Spanish" (he doesn't speak Spanish)
and was now asking me how to spell "Australian". I
said, "You speak Australian? Umm...hey bud, Australian isn't
really a language..." I barely even got the sentence out of my
mouth when he looked at me with the brightest eyes and the biggest smile and
loudly proclaimed, "G'DAY MATE!!!" At this point I lost
it laughing as he continued, "WANNA PUT ANOTHA SHRIMP ON THE
BOBBIE?" How could I tell him No after that?! Afterward he
added "British" too. (I had to remind him that he also
speaks English, so he wrote that down last. HA!) I told him to
never lose that confidence! Love that silly kid.
***
Nora spilled her milk ALL over the counter and it was
dripping onto the kitchen floor. I had to run to another room to help
Will with something so I couldn't clean it up right then. She found me a
few minutes later and said confidently, "Don't worry mom, I took care
of it." My heart melted and I told her how proud I was of her
for being responsible and cleaning up her own mess. Then I went into the
kitchen and, to my surprise, the spill was still there - completely untouched.
Confused, I asked her about it and she proudly showed me a bowl she had set
on the floor to catch the drips of milk falling from the counter. "See
mom? I told you I took care of it!!" :)
***
On my birthday Nora told me, "Mom, I know
it's your Boof-Day but watching that TV will fwy you bwain."
***
Basically any efforts I make to use the restroom by
myself are completely wasted. For some reason, me sitting on the toilet
is a signal to Will to start bringing me everything he can possibly find and
then place those items on my bare lap. Curious George doll, Wreck-it-Ralph
doll, random puzzle pieces, a HUGE dump truck, colored pencils, etc...
And yes, of course I have tried just locking him out, but then he and
Nora's fingers immediately appear under the door with them asking "Mom
you done yet??!?!" *Sigh* Someday I'll be able to pee on
my own.
***
Nora loves to exercise with me. One time after
we finished she said, "I can feel my heart. It moved! Did
you know your heart can move to different places in your body?"
Me: "No, who told you that?"
Nora: "I can't remember. I think
my primary teacher." :) :) :)
***
Nora: "Mom, when dad met
you, was he just like, 'Hi! I'm Kurt Bradburn! Will you marry
me?'" :) (pretty much)
***
I overheard the most darling
conversation between Nora and Kurt where he was saying he didn't want her
to grow up, and how she was allowed to turn 5 but no older than that. He
said "pretty soon the boys are gonna be chasing you" and
without any hesitation whatsoever she replied, "I'll just have to run
faster than them." :) You go girl.
***
Nora was quoting the line "open
up the champagne" from a song on the radio and I
started laughing and telling her that we probably shouldn't sing about
drinking champagne. She got so confused and said "What about dad? And
his champagne?" Finally I got it..."OH! His
campaign?!" Haha. I had NO idea what a campaign was when I
was 4!
***
We were cutting the boys hair and Jack
got super bummed about it.
Jack: "Dang it! I just
named my sideburns and bangs! And now they're gone."
Me (trying not to laugh): "What
did you name them?"
Jack: "My sideburns were Tyler
and Tyrone. And my bangs were Barry."
***
We were driving in the car and Nora
asked what "unsanitary" means. I was super tired so I just kept
it simple and said, "It means not clean." After a few
minutes passed she piped up and stated, "Our house is very
unsanitary." I try, guys. I really really try.
***
Nora: "Mom, did you eat Oreos
when you were a little girl?"
Sam: "I don't think Oreos were
invented when mom was a little girl."
***
(For the record
- yes I DID eat oreos when I was a little girl. But not NEARLY as many as I eat
now as a mother :) Survival mode, people. Survival mode.)
2 comments:
These are my very favorite blog posts. I just laugh out loud. I’m so glad you’re recording these. I wish I would have done that.
Ditto to your mom. I wish that I had written
down what the kids said. One I will never forget.
The radio was playing MonaLisa, and Lisa found me
and said Mom, the radio is playing Mona Me.
Post a Comment