Sunday, April 6, 2008

Apparently I'm No June Cleaver!


So during conference today, Kurt turns to me and says, "I'm craving an oreo." I told him that we didn't have any oreos but I would be happy to make him some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I was thinking to myself, "Wow, what I good wife I am! Offering to make my husband homemade cookies...I'm the best." But those lofty thoughts of myself quickley left when he looked at me with the most puzzled look on his face and said, "You know how to make those?"

OUCH.

I said, "Yes I know how! I've made them for you before, remember?" To which he responded, "No...I don't remember that."

OUCH AGAIN.

A little perturbed I marched right to the kitchen to whip out a delicious batch of cookies. However, I was quickly humbled when I had to spend the first five minutes dusting off the Kitchen Aid. Ok fine. I admit I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have made Kurt homemade cookies in 2 1/2 years of marriage. No wonder he couldn't remember. I guess it wouldn't hurt to spend a little more time in the kitchen. Sorry honey! Oh well, at least we got a good laugh out of it. :)

9 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I thinks that's funny. How did the cookies turn out after not making them for so long?

Trish said...

That was my question. So, were the cookies worth the wait? I believe we have expert cookie makers in this family. Hope they were wonderful.

Jana said...

WHAT! We make cookies every Sunday. How do you go without cookie dough? It probably is a good thing that you don't make cookies very often. They are addicting.

Anonymous said...

haha! I love it... classic. Reminds me of how little we cooked when we lived on-campus... I guess we haven't changed much:). I love reading your blog! You are so good at posting. Everyday I think about how I haven't posted since January... haha... hopefully we'll get better at it.
p.s. I love Jack's faux-hawk. What a cute baby.

The Stone's said...

At least you're attempting to make cookies. I just buy oreo's and girl scout cookies... and usually end up eating them by myself anyway! Miss you Neon!

Janice said...

For a few years, I always made cookies from store purchased cookie dough. One day, I was making chocolate chip cookies from scratch and I heard my oldest child say to the next oldest, "This is how you made them in the olden days."

Chapman Channel said...

Hey--I'm not sure if you'll remember me, but we left the student ward last summer!! ANYHOW, I linked through Amy Cochran's blog to yours and I think it's totally cute!! Your son, Jack is adorable! We just had our second son, two weeks ago! I would love to keep in touch! here's a link to our blog...www.chapmanchannel.blogspot.com Bye! Stephanie Chapman

Anonymous said...

Our kids were brought up on chocolate chip cookies, so keep the tradition going.

The sistermissionaries did a skit at their training meeting Friday, and Gramps was a chocolate chip. It was really funny.

Loved the picture in the park!

sara said...

nothing is better than...warm...homemade...chocolate chip cookies...you go girl....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...