Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sam I am...

I am so happy that our sweet Sam has joined our family...
Besides a brief (but quite terrifying) scare only 20 minutes into being induced, his entrance into this world was virtually flawless.
(Apparently my uterus was ultra-sensitive to the Pitocin this time around and Sam's heart rate did NOT like it...I was about to be rushed for an emergency c-section before my amazing doctor and nurse were able to work their magic and give me a shot that stopped the contractions right away. I don't understand it all....but it's never a good thing when an alarm goes off in your room!)
But, like I said, besides THAT everything was perfect. A seven hour labor, an incredible epidural, and a little over five minutes of pushing before he was here! I screamed with delight when we saw it was a boy. Hooray for another BOY!!! I was so happy. There is nothing that compares to that moment of finally meeting the little kicker in your tummy :)

It's a boy!!!...







Such a good baby from the very start...



Meeting big brother Jack...I love my boys so much...



Visitors...

We love you Sam!!!...

6 comments:

Janice said...

Oh, I am so jealous right now. There is NOTHING better then those first few moments after birth. I am thrilled for you.

Jessie said...

Loved all the pics, and I'm so happy for you, but I'm dying that you are wearing your Oakcrest shirt in some of the pictures. I totally started laughing! LOVE it.

The Palmers said...

congrats, he is so cute, we are so happy for you. having 2 is so much fun

britta said...

Oh my goodness Marie!!! What a scary few moments you had, I'm SO glad your Dr. was able to give you the shot you needed!

You pushed for 5 minutes??? CRAZY! I thought mine was short... but all told, through 7 contractions it was more like 35....

I LOVE, as always, your fabulous pictures!!! Thye are amazing- and you look great. My favorite is of you with your two boys- Jack meeting Sam. So cute. Mel wouldn't give Geni the time of day. :)

I'm so happy for out two families- I just wish we lived close so we could get together!!!

Anyway...I can't wait to see who Sam turns into!

Trish said...

I love all the pictures. Congratulations. Can't wait to see you soon.

The Stone's said...

He's so precious! Love that you have your Oakcrest shirt on! Congrats! He's beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...