Sunday, May 16, 2010

"God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing" - Jeffrey R. Holland

Yesterday marked one year since law school graduation.

One year ago, Kurt and I had what we liked to call, "The Plan". It was basically a road map of exactly how our life was going to go from that point on....or at least for the next few years.

Well, some parts of that plan have fallen exactly into place and have gone just as we hoped...and for these we are extremely grateful! There are also some parts of the plan that haven't gone as we hoped. It has been challenging to say the least. It's frustrating when you don't understand why certain things happen or why your life is going a certain way. If someone were to ask me if Kurt and I are where we thought we would be a year ago when we were sitting at graduation, my answer would be NO.

It doesn't matter, though, because we are SO blessed.

We have these two....

And we have each other and - even better - we are all perfectly healthy. We have the Gospel and we have the knowledge that our Father in Heaven is aware of us. Even though life may not be exactly where I thought it would be right now, I am grateful for the past year for teaching me to trust in the Lord's version of "The Plan" instead of my own.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Dear Marie-Thank you so much for that! That's exactly what I needed to hear. Your awesome!

Megan said...

well said, I agree. I love looking at your blog it's darling and very inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...