
(The 3rd of 4 tweed skirt outfits. Almost done!)
For some reason tonight I was grumpy. I didn't feel like I had gotten anything done, I was stressed and overwhelmed with silly little things that have been floating around in my mind, and I kinda just had a little meltdown. I stormed into the kitchen and started doing dishes (rather loudly) and was just feeling sorry for myself I guess. (which I totally know is so stupid because there are people in the world who actually have real problems and who are truly suffering...so this was definitely me just being dumb. But still.)
Within seconds, my sweet husband was standing behind me. He didn't have to say anything, I knew he was there. And I knew that he was about to do that amazing thing where he just says the right thing to make me feel better.
And I was right.
He told me to stop doing dishes and to, "come here." He sat on the couch, pulled me into his arms, and simply said, "tell me what's wrong." So I vented about all the dumb things that I think about. All the small and silly things that occupy my mind, from feeling guilty that I'm not a good enough mom, to worrying about potty training Jack, weaning Sam, getting homework done, needing more sleep, etc.
I really just needed to vent. And afterward, I felt so much better. He reassured me that none of those things are "dumb" or "silly" and told me that he thinks I am doing a great job and that he loves me, and asked what he could do to help. I felt so much better and within minutes he had me laughing as if I hadn't ever felt bad.
Then he got up from the couch, went outside to turn the grill on, and made these for dinner...





12 comments:
I LOVE this outfit. Truly I do. I can never get enough of tweed.
More importantly, I'm sorry you had one of *those* days! Boo! I hate those days. You're only human, and your worries deserve a voice, however silly! Get some rest. It goes a long way, just like hubbies that know just what to say.
:)
that hamburger looks amazing. i can't get over it.
Sometimes they just know exactly what you need don't they! Great job with the challenge so far, I'm struggling and need some inspiration!
xo L.
This outfit is one of my favorites. It's gorgeous! The black tights and mustard button-up add just the right amount of pizzazz.
And way to go husband! He's a keeper, haha! I will do the same thing, act all angry but not say anything, and my husband doesn't laugh at me (because it almost always something stupid), but he makes me laugh and forget my problems.
North Meets South
I have a Sam too! And, if the next kid is a boy (in a year or two), that boy will be a Jack. Wild.
I also have a sweet husband. Which is a good thing. Because, in his words, I can be a grumpy bear sometimes.
Love the yellow with the tweed--super cute!
Ahh, that is a nice story. Its great to have a hubby that let's you have meltdown moment and help you through it. My hubby is great at that for me as well. Hope you are having a better day.
Well girly, you can put a smile on your face cos YOU WON THE GIVEAWAY!!!! wooooooo!!
email me your address and the book will be yours :)
icecreambird@btinternet.com
Great outfit! You look like a Harvard hottie or something:-) xoxo
This is such a great classy outfit. I adore the shoes and belt...and well, all of it. I'm new here, but loving it so far!
i really like this outfit. very put together and i love the pop of color.
rebeccawithanR.tumblr.com
this outfit rocks. like, i want it to wear this Sunday. so pretty! PS: you're one stlyn' Mormon mom and so invited to link up here: http://bit.ly/eSXQWf
if you'd like. :)
I hope that tweed skirt is in my size, because I'm gonna come play in your closet, okay? You have great taste in clothes.
Post a Comment